The Heir of Slytherin

The maurderettes walked down a corridor to go to breakfast. All day they had heard the whispers and hushed voices of people talking about Harry being the heir or Slytherin. They had of course rolled their eyes at the foolishness and had sent several hexes to anyone that dared to ask Hayley if he really was a dark lord in training.

Persephone opened the doors to the great hall and all heads turned to the newcomers. Of course once they realized that they weren't Harry they went back to their own conversations.

Persephone walked over to Hermione and Ron the girls following close behind. Persephone sat down next to Ron. "Is he still up there?" She asked. Hermione nodded. "He hasn't left his room all day. I'm not even sure if he's eaten." She said. Persephone sighed at her friend's dramatic yet reasonable tendencies. Persephone stood up and grabbed her bag.

"I'm going to stop by the kitchen's then and get him a plate. Give him a little speech and hopefully that will cheer him up enough to at least come out. He's just lucky it's Saturday today." Persephone said. The others nodded and returned to studying.

Persephone tickled the pear and walked inside. She had been in there multiple times to get midnight cravings whenever one of the them was a ketchup packet.

The house elfs already familiar with her greeted her. "Oh hello mistress!" Squeaked Dinky; a fairly short house elf with large ears, brown tennis ball sized eyes, and a yellow beanie with holes cut for the ears on her head. As for the clothing she wore a shirt a Persephone had gifted her with a Phoenix on it, although the house elf was so small that it looked like a dress.

"Hello Dinky. How are you?" Persephone asked. Dinky smiled. "Always so kind mistress! Dinky is doing splendid! Dinky made the dinner today!" She exclaimed obviously proud of her self. Persephone smiled. "Then I'm sure it will be absolutely delicious." She complemented. Dinky's smile widened. "What can Dinky do for Young Mistress?" Dinky asked.

"Well I was wondering if I could have some treacle tart as well a plate of chicken? Maybe even some pumpkin juice." Asked Persephone. Dinky nodded. "Right away mistress. Do you wish for Dinky to send it up?" Dinky asked. Persephone nodded. "Oh yes please." She said.

Dinky nodded and began waddling away. "Dinky will have it up in five minutes!" Announced Dinky. Persephone smiled and walked out the door. "Thank you Dinky!" Yelled Persephone.

Persephone knocked on the door to the boy's dormitories. "Harry I'm coming in," She said opening the door slowly.
She walked over to Harry's bed and saw a figure hiding under the covers. "Honestly if you were going to try and hide from me at least use the cloak next time." She said. Harry sighed and threw off the covers. "What are you doing associating yourself with a dark lord?" Harry said teasingly. Persephone smiled and rolled her eyes. "Oh please. The only dark thing about you is your hair." She said. He laughed and ran a hand through it.

She stared at him. "Are you hungry?" She asked after a moment of silence. He shook his head. "Well good because I brought food and you're going to eat it." She said as the food appeared on his bed.

"You spend too much time with the house elfs." He said as he picked up a chicken leg. She shrugged," They're good company. Although Dinky is my favorite just don't tell the other house elfs. They might stop giving me food." She said. He laughed. "It's a secret between us then," he said taking yet another monstrous bite out of the chicken. She cringed. "God I can't decide who eats worse when it comes to chicken you or Ron." She said looking away. He shook his head. "Please you have an addiction to strawberries," He said throwing his hands in the air. "and pomegranates for some damn reason! Honestly it looks like you've just murdered someone and ate them right after." He said laughing.

She blushed. "It's not that bad!" She squeaked. He began laughing even harder throwing his head back and landing on the soft pillow. He began rolling around trying to catch his breath as she frowned from her place at the edge of the bed.

"Oh merlin," he gasped clutching his  chest. "That was a good laugh. I needed that." He said. She smiled at her friend. "Glad to help." She said.

Harry continued eating and Persephone stayed silent as she patiently waited for him to finish. Finally he pushed the plate aside. "Harry when are you going to come outside?" She asked. He looked at her and frowned. "Why would I want to go outside when-well you see how it is." He said. She stared at him. "Harry," she said softly," you can't let them get to you. When you hide away it makes them believe even more that you're the heir of Slytherin. Besides when have you, Harry James Potter, ever let someone else's opinion about you get to you. Please just come out of this dorm and show you have nothing to hide." She said staring into his green emerald eyes the entire time. "I have no doubt that by the end of this year you'll find out how the true heir if Slytherin is." She finished.

He nodded. "Thank you Seph." He said. She stood up and nodded. "What are friends for." She said. She kissed his cheek and left the room, leaving behind a stunned Harry.

Harry touched his cheeck where she had kissed him. Her lips were so soft and she smelled like strawberries and fresh picked flowers. He thought.

"Idiot!" Said Persephone as she ran to hug Harry. "Merlin's beard Harry when I said find the heir of Slytherin, I didn't mean open the chamber of secrets, erase a professor's memories, and almost get yourself killed!" She said as she flung her arms around his neck. The boy was a good 4 inches taller so she had to stand on her tippy toes to hug him. He smiled and wrapped an arm around her back. "Yeah yeah, but you didn't exactly not say to do that." He said. She pulled away and gave him a playful smack on the head. "You're going to be the death of me Potter." She said. "Harry!" said Hermione as she ran down the stairs. Ron ran not far behind her. Hermione tossed her arms around him and Harry smiled. "Want one too mate?" Asked Harry. Ron shrugged. "Why not." Ron gave Harry a hug and Persephone smiled as she watched the trio. Maybe next year won't be too bad.  She thought.