Howlers

The Maurderettes walked through the barrier to platform 9 3/4. "I reckon you guys will be alright from here?" Asked Sirus. The girls nodded. "We'll be fine Uncle Sirus. Besides we have Hayley's ugly face to scare away strangers." Said Persephone. The girls laughed. Sirus chuckled. "Alright then Seph, be good all of you. Try not to get too much detention this year." Sirus said giving them all hugs.

The girls nodded and walked onto the train. "Same compartment as last year?" Asked Hayley. The girls nodded and walked to the center of the train.

A while later Hermione walked in. "Have you guys seen Harry or Ron?" She asked; she had concern written all over her face." What do you mean? Harry came here with the Weasley's didn't he?" Asked Hayley. Hermione nodded. "Sort of. Fred said that they came with them but he never saw them actually pass the barrier." She explained.

"Honestly you two calm down. I'm sure Harry and Ron will turn up eventually," Persephone said. Sylvia nodded. "Yeah and in the mean time you can sit with us." said Sylvia.

Hermione nodded and sat down next to Sylvia. The rest of the trip had been spent with stories and sweets. The train came to a stop and everybody got off.

"What are those things?" Asked Persephone. She stared at the mysterious boney creatures that were attached to the carriages. "What are what things?" Asked Patty. Persephone pointed to them. "They're pulling the carriages." Persephone said trying to help her friend see them. "Persephone, there's nothing there." Said Patty.

Persephone turned to her. "Yes there is. It's right there for Merlin's sake!" Said Persephone. Patty shook her head. "I don't see anything beside the carriages." Said Patty. Persephone sighed and shook her head. Patty walked away to a carriage."Whatever then, maybe I'm just going mad." Said Persephone.

"You're not going mad," said an airy voice. Persephone turned around to see a short platinum blonde haired girl with vibrant blue eyes. "I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am." She said. Persephone nodded. "What are they?" She asked. "Thestrals. Only those who have seen someone die before their eyes can see them." She explained. Persephone nodded and turned back to look at them.

Flashback

"Momma what are you doing?" Said a 9 year old Persephone. A beautiful woman with gorgeous sunflower yellow hair, eyes so extraordinary they appeared Golden, and an adorable splash of freckles on her nose and cheecks turned around. "Hello there pup, I'm just testing out some new Potions for the hospital." She said, her voice so soothing to anyone that would hear it. Persephone nodded. "Why do you have to make new Potions momma? Don't they have workers for that?" Asked Persephone as she walked over to a stool in the corner. "Well yes," said her mother as she poured another drop of some pink liquid into an advanced brew of skelegrew." But I'm just very good at my job, so sometimes they ask me to do other jobs. That's why you have to make sure you're good at a little bit of everything." Persephone nodded. "What are you doing now?" Asked the curious Persephone. "Persephone dear stay over there please," said her mother; worry present in her usual calm voice. Sensing something was wrong Persephone stood up. "Momma what's wrong?" Her mother pointed a hand to her daughter. "Stay there!" Her mother shouted. Persephone nodded and backed up. Her mother gulped and poured one more drop of pink liquid. There was an explosion and a cloud of smoke. There was two loud yells. After a while the smoke dwindled down and Persephone walked over. "Momma?" She called, she took small steps to her mothers place. Persephone screamed. Her mother was lying down on the floor, her soft breaths the only sign she was still alive. "Perse-phone.." said her mother in two breaths. Persephone began crying and walked over to her mother. "I love you.....," said her mother as she took several more slow breaths. "More than anything in the world.....," she said slowly. Persephone held her hand as she crouched down and waited for her dad. "I love you too momma." She said crying. Her mother frowned. "Don't cry baby, I'll be alright. Tell your dad... I love him... but he needs to be himself." She said. Persephone nodded and wiped away her tears. "I love you pup." She said, with one last breath; her eyes fluttered shut and the room was no longer filled of soft breaths, but sobs.

End of flashback

"I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood. What's your name?" Luna asked. Persephone smiled at her." I'm Persephone Lupin." She said. Persephone looked at Luna's robes. They were just plain black. "First year?" She asked even though she obviously knew the answer. Luna nodded. "Well then I'll see you around Luna." Said Persephone.

After the sorting and the feast Harry and Ron had still not shown up. Persephone walked down the stairs into a quiet common room, the soft sound of her shoes hitting the ground seemed to echo. It was about 5 minutes before everyone usually got up so she sat down on a couch and placed her book bag beside her.

Finally the loud thumps of the gryffindors getting ready could be heard. She smiled to herself as she heard Sylvia running down the stairs followed by," MS. BLACK THERE IS NO RUNNING DOWN THE STAIRS!" Screeched Mcgonagall. Sylvia gave a sheepish smile and apologized. Sylvia threw herself on the couch where Persephone sat, her head landing on Persephone's lap. "Second place." Sylvia said smiling. Persephone smirked and rolled her eyes. "Yes, well you have yet to beat me and my title of first place." Said Persephone. Sylvia sighed. "Watch one day I'll wake up as soon as I fall asleep and I'll beat you." She said.

Persephone laughed. "We'll see about that." She mumbled. Hayley walked down the stairs and to her friends. "Hey guys. Let me guess Sylvia came in second?" The red head asked. Persephone nodded. "Forever and always." Persephone said. Sylvia rolled her eyes. "Whatever. How long do you think it'll take Patty to get down here?" Asked Sylvia. Persephone shrugged. "What's her record? 2 minutes before breakfast ends?" Persephone asked teasingly. Hayley laughed. "Nah that was second. It was 20 minutes into a lecture from Snape." Said Sylvia.

Patty ran down the stairs and hopped on one foot trying to get her shoe on. She looked up and saw her friends smiling at her. "Again? I don't know how you all wake up so early!" She said finally putting on her shoe.

Persephone stood up. "Yeah well we would wake you up but that's against the rules." She said picking up her bag. Patty rolled her eyes. "Whatever let's just get to breakfast." She said.

The girls walked down to breakfast and Fred and George along the way. "Hey there cutie." Said Fred wrapping an arm around Persephone. The others snickered and walked away leaving the two alone. She rolled her eyes and smiled. "Hey there Frederickson." She said. He sighed. "I thought I told you to never call me that." He said placing his free arm on his temples and began rubbing them. She shrugged. "I forget." She said. He laughed. "You have worse memory than Ron." He said.

They entered the great hall and all eyes went to them. They ignored them and sat down next to George, Ginny, the golden trio, and the maurderettes.

"Well,well, well if it isn't the happy couple." Said Ginny looking up from her breakfast. Persephone rolled her eyes. "Please. I have standards." She said taking a couple strawberries. Fred frowned. "You wound me with you're harsh words cutie." He said placing a dramatic hand on his chest. She smiled.

She turned over to Ron and Harry. "Where were you guys yesterday?" She asked, taking a bite out of a strawberry. "Hey isn't that Errol?" Ginny asked. Everyone looked up and saw the old owl flying. It crashed down in front of Ron and Harry.

"LOOK EVERYONE WEASLEY'S GOT A HOWLER!" Yelled Seamus Finnegan, he began smiling. Persephone and Hayley glared at him and he stopped.

Ron gulped. He picked up the letter and it flew from his hands. "RONALD WEASLEY," Molly's voice screeched. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. YOIR FATHERS NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK. AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! Oh and Ginny dear Congratulations on making Gryffindor your fathe and I are so proud." Molly said. The letter blew a raspberry at Ron and then turned to ash. The great hall burst into laughter. Persephone looked at them. "You stole... the flying car..." she said slowly. Harry nodded. "And we broke Ron's wand." He said. Ron picked up the flimsy wand that was holding onto the either piece by a tiny piece of wand. Persephone's eyebrows shot up and her eyes widened. She nodded slowly.

Mcgonagall came around and began passing out the schedules. When she got to Ron and Harry she began smiling. "Potter,Weasley." She said smirking behind a stack of papers.

"Let's get to class already." Said Hayley. Everyone nodded and walked to class leaving a huge empty space where they once sat.