Week 4: Saturday

Since I arrived at work it has been nonstop. Two people called in sick and I never thought I'd ever be happy about that, but now everyone is super busy and everywhere. Meaning I do not have to interact with Bash. However, I know eventually tonight we'll need to talk at some point. What makes tonight even worse is not only Bash is here, but so is Derek, Mikey, and Beau.

Whenever I get moments next to Beau, he shoots me a smile and once a wink. If this was his behavior on any other night, I would be flattered, but not tonight. The talk I know I need to have with Bash is putting me off.

"This night is terrible. I've been getting such bad tips and I was really counting on tonight to get me some money," Bree complains as she leans against the drinks station. As I fill up four cups with ice, I look over at her and ask, "Do you not have tables right now that need anything?" She smiles and shrugs. "I do," she replies.

I go to say something about that, but she beats me to it. "So, Bash is in a terrible mood tonight. Did you already talk to him?" Bree questions. I shake my head no as I reply, "Not yet. I came in before him and I've been busy. Also, I've been avoiding him." She smiles again and comments, "Speak of the devil." I turn my head and see Bash walking through the door into the kitchen.

As he walks in my direction I'm not sure what to expect honestly. "Seriously don't you guys have something to do? Some people actually have a job to do," Bash spits out at Bree and I. My eyes go wide and I feel a bit hurt.

"I'm getting drinks Bash," I barely get out. "Yeah, but Bree's just standing around doing nothing. I don't want her to be in my way and I don't know about you, but I don't want to get yelled at by Mike. So, can you move?" he counters. I go to grab my tray and Bree moves away.

"Always an ass I see," Bree speaks out. I go stiff, I can't believe she just said that. I turn to look at Bash and can see him glaring at her. "Always a stuck-up little b***h I see," he tells her with a smirk. Next thing I know is him shooting a glare towards me and asking, "Do you have something to add Melody?" I don't say anything and just hurry off with my drinks.

I'm hoping that will be the last time until I get off that I'll have to speak to Bash. To help with that I make sure to avoid looking in his direction. As I'm on the computer putting in my order a table nearby calls me. I look over at the gentleman and walk over. "Yes?" I ask. "My waiter never brought me another sauce, could you please bring me one?" the customer asks. "Of course," I reassure.

As I walk away I let out a sigh, because that was Bash's table. I look around hoping to find him to tell him about the sauce, but he's nowhere in sight. So, I go and get it myself, along with the salads I needed for my table.

I place my salads temporarily on the counter next to me, that way I don't spill the sauce as I give it to the man. However, as I place it on the table I see Bash approaching with a tray. I step away and go to grab my salads again. I can't help but overhear exchanged words between Bash and the man I just gave the sauce too. Apparently, Bash has brought out the sauce right now too. 

Great.

As I pick up my tray Bash walks over to me and in seconds tosses the sauce down on my tray. However, in the process it spills all over my salads. Ruining them. "Why don't you worry about your own damn tables next time, okay? Instead of wasting my time," he rudely voices just loud enough that only I can hear. I grit my teeth and hold back my tongue from cursing. I don't have the time to get into it with him, especially now that I must make more salads. I hurry over to the table and make sure they are okay for the time being.