18. HARRY

HARRY

I'm pulled from my slumber by soft kisses to my cheek, the top of her head nuzzled into my neck and I grumble with the thought of having to move.

My whining doesn't deter her as she drags her lips down towards my ear and I try to roll away but she persists.

"Lucy," I croak. My lips curl into a blissful smile. "Baby, m'sleeping."

The sound of Lucy's groan beside me breaks through the thick fog surrounding my mind, my eyes widening to reveal the furry, bug-eyed face staring down at me, her snort blowing a breath in my face before she slaps another wet lick to my cheek.

"Urgh, Lola!" I grunt, throwing an elbow over my eyes to block her and I feel Lucy laughing against me, her back curled into my side and her head in the crook of my arm beneath her.

The quiet awareness is short-lived and with my eyes closed, my brain recounts in quick succession all the alcohol-fueled decisions of the night before. The tequila, the dancing, the kiss.

My heart thumps hard in my chest.

Jesus Christ, we kissed.

Just as fast, I remember Lucy's reaction. The tears, carrying her out of the club, the look of devastation from her own presumed betrayal on her face and her eventually passing out in my arms and fully clothed in the comfort of her bed with Lola by her side.

Lucy's body stiffens next to me, her own mind clearly gathering bits of fuzzy information as well now that we are both completely conscious.

A quiet, "Oh god," slips from her lips.

"Yep," I acknowledge from under the shield of my elbow.

"I'm never drinking again," she says, her voice muffled and I roll over to find her talking into her pillow.

"I clearly remember you screaming that you wanted to go back every weekend," I tease and she groans back, making me chuckle.

My head is pounding and I am so hungover that it hurts just to think about anything other than getting through each painful second.

She had a good time last night, I know she did. She was glowing, her smile lighting up every inch of her face as she danced around, for once, not giving a fuck what anyone thinks of her and breaking free of the chains she padlocks onto her own mind.

"I think I'm going to be sick," she grumbles.

"Oh, come on, admit it. You were having fun before that last shot of tequi-."

As soon as the word starts to leave my mouth Lucy is jumping from the bed, her red dress and blonde hair flashing before me as she sprints to the adjoining bathroom and slams the door behind her.

The rush I sit up in nearly makes my head explode, the thumping causing me to wince in pain. Lola's unthreatening barking at the sudden commotion isn't helping.

I press my fingers into my temples to find temporary relief but look up in shock when I hear Lucy start to heave. My mouth drops open and I suck in a held breath before it bursts back out as a cackling laugh.

"I hate you," she groans in jest from behind the door and I fall back onto the bed with another chuckle, ripping the too hot duvet off my body.

"No, you don't. You hate tequila."

I roll my lips into my mouth as I hear her throwing up again.

"Do you need help?" I offer, leaning up onto my elbows.

"Right now, no. With my life decisions, yes."

I'd hate for something to happen that one of you regrets.