Chapter 13-

Jake

        My new partner, and room-mate. He'd been very helpful these past few days, when I've gotten attacked by what ever it was that had attacked me. Then he felt that it had been his fault that the attacks happened to me instead of him. I didn't understand it, but I wasn't going to let him think that way. I loved him for wanting to take great care of me. But worrying himself like this, I wasn't going to allow. 

        I sat there on the bed looking at him while he was still examining the Angelic Pistol that I had given him over an hour ago to look at. He still looked as if he didn't believe what was happening right now. He didn't know what to believe. This, or anything else that ever happened in his life. 

        I finally spoke because this had been bothering me since I found out about it. 

"Jake, who was is that harmed you.. when you died?" I looked at him, with tears in my eyes.

He looked up at me in surprise and then said "Devon... Devon waters, and his friends."

I went into schock right at that moment. Why would my older brother do that to him? Well, he's not exactly my brother.. he's adopted. Anyways. I can't believe that Devon and his buddies had done that to Jake. I'm gonna find him. I'm gonna find Devon, and give him a beating he'll never forget.. Or I could just like, send him to the underworld or something. Yeah. I like that Idea better. Send him to the underworld.

Jake seemed worried so he spoke again. "Listen, Zo. It's not Devon's fault. It's mine. I started it, I broke his nose.. and threatened his family.. but that's because he had it coming for what he did to me a while back. He hurt my little sister in ways that I don't wanna talk about. Don't worry though, I'm still here, aren't I? You can still touch me, and see me. I'm not a ghost like everybody else that just pops up in here." He said, and then he spoke again. "Come here.. " 

He held out his arms for me and I walked over to him and sat on his lap. He stroked my hair and told me not to worry. That everything would be fine. The only thing is.. not everything would be fine.

At least.. Not for Devon.