Chapter 5-

I don't know how long I was out, but I do know that I wasn't at home, in my bed. I wasn't in a hospital either. I was far from either one of them. I had seen this place once before, in a nightmare. The Underworld.

        It was scarier and creepier than I remember. I was alone, although I could hear people talking. They were talking about me. 

        "What are we going to do with her?" A man, with a Rough and Raspy voice asked.

        Then another person spoke. A woman. "I don't know, but I'm going to go get some information from her right now."

        "Okay Miss Jones." The man said, "You go ahead."

        "Thank you Mr. Butler." Miss Jones replied. 

        Not long after that 'miss jones' walked to me and sat down. I hadn't even noticed the chair across from me until now. 

        "Okay", She said, " I know you're Zoey Waters, you live on your own, your parents diedm and you can speak to the dead. Obviously, since you can see and hear me right now."

        I didn't reply. I knew why she was here, and she wasn't getting anything from me. 

        "You see, I'm not here to harm you in any way.  I'm here to help, sort of.  I'm going to provide you with wings. They'll help you along the way" She said, "You're in serious danger Zoey, Because of your gift."

        "You call this a gift?!" I yelled, "I see dead people, and speak to them. I see the loved ones that I have lost almost every day, and you want to call this a gift? You're wrong. This, is a curse."

        "It is not a curse zoey, yes it's depressing seeing people, dead people, almost everyday. If not everyday. Especially your loved ones. Your mom, your dad, your grandparents too." Miss Jones said, in a quiet voice. 

        "What I would like to know is... Who's Michael" I asked, because well, I never really understood who he is.. Or was.

        "Michael" She started, "is a very helpful persn who also happens to be your protector. He's the one who kept you alive after you drowned, and died. That Zoey, is who michael is."

        That's wjen I felt the pain in my back, very horrible pain. As id someone was stabbing me on the insides of both my shoulder blades. Then the feathers appeared, and I remembered what Miss Jones had said about wings. 

        "What are my wings for?" I asked, wondering why I needed wings to protect myself. "And also.. What's your name?"

        "First, my name is Sarah Jones, and second, your wings are if you catch yourself in a bind and need to fly, to get away as quickly as possible. Or if you ever need to create a distraction you can use them to create a strong gust of wind, and catch someone off guard." Sarah explained it to me in the best way. 

        After that I don't exactly know what happened, but I was all of a sudden back in my bedroom. What I found was very unexpected.