11

-Caterina

I love this so much, I hate it. It brings up too many memories. Especially when I look over at Demi and Maggie. They love each other so much and they're having so much fun together. They're teasing each other, making fun of each other, hugging each other and just loving on the other. It's exactly what my sister used to do with me. We do have a much bigger age gap then Demi and Maggie have, so it didn't used to look quite the same as I'm quite a bit smaller then my sister. But this is exactly what we'd look like were we here together. And that's what I want to look like right now, with her. Not with Demi.
She's trying so hard, so extremely hard to include me. Cause, let's be real here, I am a bit of a third wheeler. But I don't wanna be included with them. It would be too painful.

The biggest problem in all of this is that I can blame no one but myself. I got myself into this mess, I brought this upon me. No one else had anything to do with it, so I can't get mad at them for it. But I need a way to release all the frustration I have, and since Maggie and Demi are the only ones around, it's only natural they become the targets.
Maggie has been surprisingly civil, though. I know Demi said something to her, I just don't know what she said. But judging by the way she kept on looking at her and the comments she was making, I'm guessing she said something along the line of 'grow the fuck up'. I can totally see her saying that. I just wish I would've actually been able to witness it. That would've made this whole situation so much better. But I try to keep my distance as much as possible. They're obviously having a great time together and I like being alone. I would come to this place all by myself if I had that option. I love it here, I love the surrounding, I love the views and the smells and the noises. And talking and laughing and just being with someone else- it takes away so much of the natural atmosphere. So I keep close enough that I can see them and they can see me. But I also stay far enough that I don't disturb them and they don't disturb me- to some extend. I mean, they'll never completely not disturb me, cause Demi is acting like an overprotective mom and not letting me out of her sight, constantly worried that something horrible is gonna happen to me.

"Earth to Caterina," Maggie, as usual, bursts my bubble. "Hey, did you know there's a hurricane that was named after you?" Realization hits her like a truck. "Or actually maybe you are too young to remember that," she rethinks her brilliant discovery.

"Welcome to the world of the internet, Margaret," I can see Demi laughing a little and shaking her head, probably also thinking her friend is a bit of a fool. She almost looks defeated, as if she just doesn't know how to react to Maggie anymore. And I can't exactly say I blame her. "You can be quite a moron sometimes, I gotta admit," I can't hold myself back from saying. "But, that being said, it's not actually named after me cause it's a different spelling then how my name is spelled. Also, you can't name anything after someone if that person is still alive. You can only do that when they're dead. You could, however, name someone for someone who's still alive. So the correct way to have said that would be there's a hurricane named for me, for after me."

"Told you I got a smart one," Demi chuckles, as she looks at Maggie who's wearing a very shocked expression.

"How old are you, child?" She just keeps shaking her head.

"That wasn't even smart," I don't know if the both of them are really dumb or I don't know what, but it doesn't deserve such a reaction. "That's just common knowledge. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that."

"Whatever you say," Maggie shrugs. "Anyway, back to what I was originally gonna say," I totally even forgot that she was gonna say something. "I was wondering if you'd seen anything nice this morning that we haven't gone to yet," she says. "Or if you had anywhere else in particular you wanted to go to," her voice is getting significantly softer and she's not really looking at me anymore. It's clearly very hard for her to act so nice to me, she so much doesn't want to. She's doing it only for Demi, so I gotta give her credit for being a good friend.