Chapter 18: His touch, his embrace, his everything

Madison's view

"Let me mark you." Logan whispered. I looked into his red eyes, sparkling with anticipation. I knew he was being serious.

I probably looked real stupid right now because I was gapping like a fish, wide eyed, and red like a tomato. Did I want him to mark me? Did I want the world to know Logan Ryder was my mate? What am I supposed to tell people? Our packs were still enemies, why would he want to mark me?

"What will we tell people?" I asked quirking up my eyebrow. If he was going to mark me he better have everything planned out.

"The truth. You found your mate and he marked you." Logan shrugged.

"And if they ask who my mate is?" I continued curiously.

"Laugh and walk away." He said it like it was the most obvious thing to do. "You really think that is going to work?" I chuckled leaning back against his bent legs as I was straddling his waist.

"At least until we are ready to tell people." He sighed. I immediately felt bad because I knew it was me when he said 'we'.

"You know you'll be stuck with me for forever if you mark me." I breathed out with a slight grin playing at my lips.

"Won't be long enough." He smiled. I laughed.

"You are such a cheeseball!"

"I am not." He pouted.

"Logan, I would love for you to mark me," he smiled ear to ear before I continued, "but we don't know what could happen. It just isn't the right time." His smile faded with every word I said. I wanted to take it back but it was true.

"What if it fixes everything?" He started to get frustrated with my decision.

I sighed and got up from his lap and crossed my arms. Why was he being difficult? We can't risk it until we know everything. Aren't we moving a little too fast? My wolf was snapping at me to ignore my brain and just go with my instincts. The problem with that was that my instincts wanted to skip the claiming and go straight to the mating. Definitely not listening to my instincts . . . or my wolf.

I turned to look at him only to find that he was removing his shirt."Wha-what are you do-doing?" I stuttered softly.

"Showing you that we are meant to go through these challenges together." He said as he walked over to me shirtless.

He turned around with his back to me, showing me his 'eternal mark of royalty' as Mr.Jacobs called it. I walked up to him and ran my hand over every detail of his mark. He tensed under me and I pressed my body closer to his, continuously running my finger's over his tattoo as I came to a revalavation. "We haven't even kissed yet and you already want to claim me."

I abandoned his muscular back and walked around to face him. I forced myself to look into his eyes only because if my eyes wandered down his body, my wolf would definitely take control.

"Trust me, I know." Logan smiled. Well I figured since his eyes squinted up a bit. I felt my cheeks burnt up. "You should put your shirt back on." I stated looking away. I heard him laugh with amusement.

"It isn't funny. It's hard to-" I gasped. Logan had flushed himself against me, still shirtless I should add. His hands hugged my waist and he leaned his head in the crook of my neck as his hot breath fanned my skin. I shivered and I felt his smirk against my neck.

I gulped. "What are you doing?" I tried to sound controlled but it came out short of breath. I rested my hands against his warm chest.

He breathed out, "Imagine, my mark . . . right . . . here." He started kissing my sweet spot, I felt chills run through my body, the goose bumps already forming... Everywhere. He then started sucking on my neck, gently grazing me with his teeth. I stretched my neck out further for him giving him access to 'convince' me more. I held in a moan, my body heated up. Sweet Jesus Almighty.

My hand slid down his torso and glazed over his delicious abs.

He kissed up my jaw and to the other side of my neck. Thoroughly sucking and nipping my skin. I couldn't hold in a moan. He smirked, and blew air on his newly made hickey on my skin. I shut my eyes tightly and groaned. Damnit!

My wolf hormones are going crazy. "Lo-" I stopped, He started leaving a trail of hot kissing down my collarbone. He whispered and let his warm breath fan across my cold skin.

"Logan . . . look at me." I breathed out. I opened my eyes again to be met with his mesmerizing red ones. Our lips were so close to each other. And it wasn't sparks when our lips finally met, it was like freaking 4th of July times a million. Our lips moved in sync, while we were feverish for each other. He bit my lip softly tugging and pulling me tighter against him. Feeling his heat was making my knees go weak.

Until, I felt my hair being whipped around me. I flew across the forest opposite of Logan. I came to an abrupt stop when my back came into contact with the trunk of a tree. Gravity was not my friend when I fell to the floor groaning with the unexpected pain.

I pushed myself up and leaned against the tree. "What the hell?" I gritted out.

"Madison!?!" Logan panicked. "I'm alive!" I shouted back. I felt a woosh of air, looking up to see Logan still panicked. "Are you okay?" He worried. He started checking if I was hurt. He even went as far of lifting up my shirt slightly to which I smacked his hand. He smiled when he realized that I was just fine.

He was a lot calmer when he pulled me to him and took in my scent.

"What was that?" Logan asked when he lifted his head up form the crook of my neck.

"Don't know. Whatever It was, it wasn't happy that we kissed." I took a guess.

"How do you know that what happened was because of the kiss?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows and backed me up against the tree. He trapped me there with his hands on either side of me.

"Because . . . well . . . that was . . . 4th of July . . . beach . . . and well . . . boom . . . then . . . swoosh. . " I rambled on. He just had an amused smile on his face, while he stared at me as I continued.

"Maybe we should go back?" I asked him when I figured he wasn't listening anymore. He just stared at me, trying to embed my face into his memories. How long I just stood there waiting for his answer, I have no clue.

"Logan?" I poked his rock hard abs and he snapped out of it. He frowned mumbling, "Just a little bit longer". He moved my stray hair behind my ear and stroked my cheek with his thumb. He leaned into me, our forehead touching now. We were slightly breathing heavily. I closed my eyes, enjoying his closeness, his embrace, his touch, everything. But sadly all things must come to an end.

I opened my eyes suddenly when I felt sparks shoot up my neck. I gasped when his lips came into contact with my skin. I gripped his muscles while I felt his canines graze the area where he would mark me. "Logan," I moaned trying to get him to realize what's happening but I think it just fueled him even more.

Then I felt the bite.