Entry xviii

Calum's POV (Tuesday part one)

Asking Ashton out on the date was probably one of the best and worst things I've ever done. Best because he obviously deserves the best but worse because I didn't know what he'd like. Would he rather a picnic, or would he rather a fancy restaurant? I didn't know and I felt slight panic.

I faked sick at work today becuase I wanted this to be perfect. I rung up Luke and asked him for advice on what I should do. He told to me to take him to somewhere I liked to go on my own. I told him that was cheesy, and they only did that in the movies. He explained to me that his ex boyfriend had said to him that that was one of Ashton's perfect date ideas. I didn't bother asking how they had brought up that conversation. I simply just thanked him and hung up.

Just like every normal teenager, I had a small place I'd usually go to when I was in need of some time alone. It was a small place in the small woods I had behind my house. The deeper you go on, the more beautiful it starts to look, the less trees there are. There's a small stream that goes down the middle. The place is always empty, no trace of any human ever around, of course other than me.

I prepared a few sandwiches, and snacks, but no drinks. I had something else in mind for drinks, and secretly hoped that Ashton didn't mind that we were going to end up stealing a bottle of wine. I wasn't the richest person there was afterall, but that didn't mean I didn't want this to be perfect for him.

By the time it was around 6, I went to the metro station to see Ashton standing there awkwardly waiting. I bit my bottom lip at the sight. To say he looked adorable was an understatement. I walked towards him and he finally started to notice me. He smiled widely and waved; I returned the gesture.

Dedicated to Eva because she made the lovely cover
Ps I didn't make this place up. Behind my house there's a small little forest thing right, and there's a really nice place as you go deeper. It's pretty cool.