Entry vi.

Ashton's POV. (Thursday)

Ever since the phone call with Michael, I've been scared. I was losing my best friend -- scratch that, my only friend slowly. I got a two day break off of work so I could spend more time with him. I got on the metro at the same time I usually would in the mornings, although I usually left his house later than I normally would leave work. 

I hated how he was slowly slipping away and I couldn't do anything, and I wish I could. I would've taken a longer break but I couldn't. If I had taken my longer break now, I wouldn't be able to do it later, when I really needed it. Now, I'm always calling Michael. I've decided I'll always be checking up on him after work, staying over until he'd fall asleep, which was never late. 

The only downside to my plan was I got to see Calum only once a day. I shouldn't be thinking of him while my best friend is in this case, but I couldn't help it. He managed to always be in my thoughts, he managed to be the only thing I could think of when I didn't want to think of Michael. 

I felt someone lightly tap my shoulder which caused me to look up to only find Calum right in front of me.

"Are you okay?" 

I smiled weakly and nodded. Am I okay? I don't know. My best friend is hurting, and I can't do anything about it.

Am I okay? No.