You Got The Girl...

Half way through the film, I'd fallen asleep on Brook. He was sat watching Abduction when my mum walked in from work. She kicked her shoes off and sat next to us on the couch.

"Is this the one with the dad who's a sniper?" She asked Brook.

"Um, yeah. He just shot one of the guys down." He said, pointing at the TV.

My mum nodded her head, grabbing the popcorn from the coffee table.

I woke up an hour later. My mum was sat next to me on the couch. Her and Brooklyn both sat engrossed in the movie on the screen. I removed my head from Brook's chest and sat up. My mum turned her head to look at me.

"Good afternoon sleepyhead."

I groaned and peeled myself off of the sofa, walking over the to the counter and turning the kettle on. I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around me as I grabbed a mug from the cupboard.

I turned around to face Brooklyn. I smiled, pecking him on the nose.

"I better get going", he said quietly.

I looked over at my mum who was trying her best the to talk to me in sign language. She pointed at Brooklyn, then pointed at my bedroom door and then rested her head on her hands, as if she was sleeping. I understood, and turned to face Brooklyn again.

"Unless... You want to stay over?"

He smiled, nodding his head slightly.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

After a cup of hot chocolate and an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, we decided to call it a night. I said goodnight to mum before entering my bedroom. I changed in the bathroom, giving myself some privacy.

When I returned to my bedroom. Brook had removed his t shirt and climbed under the covers. I slid into bed and wrapped my arm around Brooklyn's waist.

"Ashley?" Brooklyn whispered.

"Yeah"

"I was just wondering, and I don't want anything to change, but I really like you. We're doing everything a couple would and yet, we haven't said we are one."

I sat up, nodding my head. "I know. I guess I'm just scared someone could get hurt."

"I understand that, but I don't mind taking that risk."

"Well then," I said leaning in, "Brooklyn Wyatt. Will you be my boyfriend?"

Brooklyn grinned, resting his forehead on mine."I would love to."

His lips brushed against mine. And with that, we layed back down. I rested by head on his chest, wrapping my arm around him. I said goodnight, before slowly drifting off to sleep.
------------------------------------------------
I woke up the next morning to an empty space next to me. I could hear laughing from the kitchen. So I stumbled out of bed to the next room. Brooklyn and mum were sat at the table, laughing at something on the radio.

"What happened to you?" My mum asked as I walked over to them.

I put fingers to my lips. "Its too early."

" Well...I've gotta go get ready for work." Mum said, before getting up and leaving the kitchen.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and took a seat next to Brook.

"Rye asked if I wanted to go running this morning. I'm meeting him in an hour or two" I said. "I was wondering if you wanted to come too? It could be fun."

Brook nodded. " I'll stop by the flat on the way there and get changed."

Two minutes later, my mum appeared . She grabbed her keys and gave me a quick hug before leaving for work."

An hour later, me and Brook were at the park. I slipped my hand into his as we approached the Gazebo. Rye noticed us and started walking towards us. He looked from me to Brook to our interlocked hands.
He just smirked at Brooklyn.

"You look good together," he said. "Now, let's get excersising."

The three of us did seven laps around the park, before stopping to take a breather.

"So, are you gonna tell the others?" Rye asked me.

"Not yet. We want to take a couple days before everyone else finds out."

Rye nodded his head, "Yeah, that's probably best."

After another two laps. Ryan and Brook decided to head back to the flat. I hugged Rye and pressed a gentle kiss against Brooklyn's lips. I left and headed back to the apartment.

Brooklyn's pov:

After Ashley had left, Rye turned to face me.

"I knew you could do it!"

"Do what?"

"You got the girl..."