Our First Encounter

When you watch films, the characters meet in warm sunny weather on the beach sunbathing or on holiday abroad. But that's just a fallacy. Nobody ever really meets like that. In fact, when I met Mikey and Brooklyn, the weather was quite horrible.

It was an early Monday morning and bullet-sized raindrops bucketed from the sky. I was drenched by the time I arrived at work. My makeup had pretty much been washed off and my hair was dripping. And, to make matters worse, I was late.

I ran into work and quickly changed into my apron, I tied my hair up. Trying to hide how wet it looked/was with my work hat. I was on the drive-thru shift, so it was pretty calm and not many cars drove through.

I was about an hour into my shift when a silver car drove into the drive through. A guy rolled down his window. He had black hair, with blue highlights and a couple piercings. He turned to face me. He looked drowsy, with a pale face and dark bags under his eyes. He looked how I felt.

" Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get for you today?" I said in the most polite voice I could manage. Which basically means I sounded both bored and sleepy. But the boy took no notice of my groggy voice. In fact, he answered with a similar tone of voice.

"Coffee please. Black, like my soul."

"Is that it?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"Is it too early for you?" I said, trying to make conversation, as I took his order.

The boy just nodded his head.
At the same time, a slightly younger looking guy popped his head out of the back window. He had light blonde hair and deep green eyes.

"Don't mind him. He's not a morning person." He's said, with a lively tone to his voice.

"I feel his pain. And I'm guessing you are a morning person?"

The dark haired boy cut in.

"No. He's just been awake for more than an hour," he said shooting a glare towards the blonde one.

"I see." I said smiling, "thanks for your order, you can pick it up at the next station."

The dark haired boy nodded.

"Thanks," He looked at my badge, "Ashley."

"No problem."

As they pulled out, the boy in the back seat flashed me a smile and winked, before rolling his window back up. I thought that would be the first and last time I ever saw either of the boys. Just another customer on another day. I guess I was wrong.
--------------------------------------------------
Hi guys! This is my first fan fiction and I'm new to the whole writing scenario. Please leave a comment on ideas for the story or what you like/disliked. Hope you are enjoying it! X

Him | Brooklyn WyattOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara