Chapter 17

Jungkook  went  and  knelt  in the  front  of the  frightened  little  girl with a reassuring smile

"Don't  be afraid  I  won't  hurt you "Jungkook  said  softly  and  the  little  girl  relaxed a bit. 

"Where  is your  mommy? "

"She  said  she  isn't  my mom  and  then  left "she  pouted. Somehow  the  little  girl  reminded  him of himself and someone  whom  he wanted  to hate  and  resent a lot.

"I'm  really  sorry, Where  is your  dad?"

"He  is at home "

"Are  you  hungry,?Should  I  take  you  to my place  and  you  can  eat before  we call  your  dad  up. Do you  know  his  number. No, you  can't  possibly  know  it.Let's  go first '"Jungkook  blabblered.

"I   do know  my daddy 's  number "she  grinned.

"You  are  really  smart  aren't  you? "

"I'm  just  like  my daddy "she  sang.

Jungkook  held  the  girl  and  his  face  crinkled up with  happiness  as he  took  her into  the  car.

Ms Jeon  thought it was  peculiar  that  Jungkook  and  the  girl  could  have  identical  smiles and  eyes. Was it too much  of a coincidence? She  wondered.

"What's  your  name dear ?,she  asked.

"Sol Rae "she  beamed  and  Jungkook  was  taken  aback. He  was  bewildered. He  just shrugged  the  feeling  he was  getting  from  his  gut.The  name  could  be just  common. But  the  truth  was  his  daughter 's  name  wasn't  that  common.

Ms Jeon  glanced  at Jungkook  in uncertainty.

"So  what  would  you  like  to have? "Jungkook  asked  as he subconsciously  squeezed the  girl 's  hand.

"I  want  rice and beef and  banana  milk.My dad  let's  me have  it everyday. He  says it's  very  healthy  so I  can grow  up and  be a  big girl "

Jungkook  swallowed  dryly  as his  throat  was suddenly  tight.

"She  can't  be...?Is she. .....?"

"So why  were  you  alone in the  streets? "Jungkook  asked  as he  was  holding  back  tears.

"I  was  playing  hide  and  seek with  my daddy  and  I  left  the  house and  then  got lost"she  said  with  a sad tone.

"You  shouldn't  have  left .What  do you  think  your  dad will  be feeling  right  now "

"I  didn't  mean  to make  him  sad. I will  say sorry  to him. "

"That's  like  a good  girl. Your  hair  clips are  nice. Where  did  you  get  them from, ?"

"Daddy  said  that  my  real  mommy  got  them for  me"

At this  point  Jungkook  was  having a mental  breakdown. He was  also  feeling  out  of breath. Was this all  a coincidence .Ever since he had  found  out  that  they  would  be having  a girl, Jungkook started  collecting  pretty  hair  clips and  pins  and  even  hair  ribbons. He  had  left  them  in his  room.

From  there  on it was silence  as Jungkook was  admiring the  little  girl  that  could  possibly  his.He  kept  stroking her  beautiful  black  hair. In his  eyes  she  was  the prettiest  thing  that  he had  ever set eyes  on.She  made  him  feel  kinda  soft  inside.