Dear Hero from Villain

A short for a competition. As the title suggests it was to be correspondence between a hero and a villain which concerned an altercation at school between their children. I chose Silence of the Lambs as my inspiration. It was to be exactly 200 words long.

Dear Mr Lecter

I am writing in regards to your son Hector. Yesterday there was an incident in his Home Economics class involving my daughter Felicity, or rather, should I say a part of my daughter. It appears in the previous Biology period your son took it upon himself to remove her liver as he had neglected to bring the ingredients for a casserole he was to make. Even though his surgical skills are exemplary and my daughter will make a full recovery I do not think it appropriate for students to eat other students, either whole or part of. Can you please make this clear to your son for the future.

Clarice Starling

~

Dear Miss Starling

I have been made aware of the incident and truly apologise. In his defence I am told a deal was struck before hand for said liver; Hector offering her a selection of lotions which he put in a lovely gift basket for her to enjoy. Quid pro quo as they say, Clarice. Also, Hector should know that liver is best served with fava beans rather than in a casserole.

Please accept this bottle of Chianti as an apology for any inconvenience.

Hannibal Lecter