Vacation part two - Merlin x reader

When we walked in the front door Merlin's arm was around my shoulder and our fingers interlocked. We stopped right when the door opened to see Arthur standing there.

******

My heart stops at the sight of my brother. Me and Merlin both completely froze. After a moment of Arthur standing there to my surprise he begins to smile. And the longer we stood there the bigger it becomes.

"Arthur? Are you-" before I could ask if he was alright he cut me off.

"I'm wonderful y/n/n! I had my suspicions of course but this is perfect!" Arthur said happily gesturing towards the two of us.

"You're not mad?" Merlin asked cautiously.

"Mad?! How could I be mad knowing my best friend is dating my sister?! Besides I know no one would treat her better! Because," his gaze hardened a little looking towards Merlin now. "You know exactly what I'll do to you if you ever hurt her."

Merlin nodded as he gulped thickly and Arthur quickly went back to smiling widely.

"So you approve?" I ask as I begin to smile. With the hope that Arthur approved building in my chest I couldn't help it.

"Of course I do!" He says as he pulled us into a hug. When he pulled away he went back to the table which had his bag and things on it. "So tomorrow I'll be returning to the castle and you two can stay here. Have some time together without having to worry and then come home in a weeks time!"

"Really?!" Me and Merlin asked in unison. He nodded.

"Yes I reckon you two need a little time to yourself's where you don't have to worry about being caught. And when you return we will tell the kingdom." Arthur said happily. I smiled at him before quickly running back over to him and hugging him.

"Thank you Arthur." I whispered as a few tears leaked from my eyes. "I love you." I said as I pulled away. He cupped my cheek brushing away the tears.

"And I love you." He said as he kisses my forehead. His eyes shifted to somewhere beside me/ behind me. And as of to answer the question I was about to ask I felt a gentle hand go around my waist. I looked over and into Merlin's eyes. I could stare at them for hours and never grow tiered of it.

"Well come along you two off to bed!" Arthur said suddenly breaking me and Merlin's eye contact. Me and Merlin quickly went into our rooms but before we could close the door Arthur stopped us. "Um just what do you think you two are doing?" Arthur said looking at us confused.

"Going to bed.... like you said." Merlin said slowly.

"Well Merlin you bafoon why are you going in there?" Arthur asked looking at him funny.

"Because where else would I sleep?" Merlin asked now fully turning to face him completely confused. I on the other hand caught on to what Arthur was saying and quickly piped up.

"With me." I said and Merlin's head snapped in my direction and Arthur looked at me smiling. Merlin was gawking at me and I just giggled. "Oh come one Merlin! Arthur suggested it! It's not like I don't know or trust you! Besides I think I rather deserve to sleep in the arms of the man I love." I said and then turned and walked into my bedroom leaving the door ajar. And I hear another door shut.

Suddenly I hear a commotion and somebody scrambling and before I know it Merlin is in my room and a little out of breathe.

"Merlin what's wrong? Don't get ups-" but he quickly cut me off in a rush.

"Did you mean it?!" He asks me quickly. I look at him confused until I realized. I had admired I loved him, we had never actually said it aloud before.