D.D » new family

Request from @Beausin

I had just found out that I had gotten adopted but I haven't met them yet. Once I got all of my things I saw a man who looked to be around his twenties. He was standing in front a white Tesla, he must be rich. I walked up to him and he smiled at me. "Hello y/n." He said. "Hi, who are you?" I asked. "I'm David Dobrik, I'm the one who adopted you." He said. David Dobrik. That name sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place my finger on it. We got in his car and drove off. I stayed quiet not really knowing what to say to him.

He didn't say anything either which was good but the awkward silence was killing me. We arrived at his house which was pretty nice. He helped me get my bags out of the car and we went inside. "Welcome to your new home." David said. I looked around and saw a Clickbait neon sign. "What's with the Clickbait thing?" I asked. "It's my brand, I'm a YouTuber." He said. That's where I've heard his name from, YouTube. "Cool." I said. "Natalie!!" David yelled. I jumped a little and I saw a girl come from around the corner.

"Jesus David, what do you want?" She said. "Y/n this is Natalie, Natalie this is y/n, I've adopted her." David said. Natalie smiled at me and I smiled back. "I'll show you to your room." David said. I nodded and grabbed my things and he took me to my room. My new room was a lot bigger than what I was used to but I knew that I'd like it. "Well um if you need anything just let me know." David said. I nodded and then he left my room and I started to unpack. When I was done I laid on my bed and closed my eyes.

I ended up falling asleep and having a dream about my parents. They died when I was younger and I've been having dreams occasionally about them ever since then. I woke up crying and David came into my room. "Are you ok?" He asked sitting on my bed. "Just go away..." I said crying. I hugged my knees and just continued to cry. "Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked. "Just leave me alone!" I yelled at him. He looked at me with wide eyes and nodded his head and got up and left. Natalie came in a little later and sat next to me.

"Are you ok y/n?" She asked sweetly. I shook my head no and wiped my eyes. "What's wrong?" She asked. "My parents died when I was younger and I've been having dreams about them and stuff. I just woke up from one dream and I just... I really miss them." I said. I sniffled and Natalie gave me a hug. "Can I come in now?" I heard David ask. "Yeah." I said. He came in and looked at me obviously worried. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded and then he sat by me. "Look, I'm not trying to be your new dad because I'm twenty three and you're sixteen and that's just... it's not possible." He said. I giggled and he smiled.

"Just think of me as your... older brother." He said. I nodded and then gave him a hug. "Thanks for giving me a home." I said. "You're welcome y/n." He said hugging me back. "Me too!" Natalie said joining in. I smiled and for the first time, in a long time, I finally knew what it felt like to be in a family.