Lurkin'

[Christopher M. Brown]

"What do you mean we're short dancers?" I asked Johnny walking out of the dance studio. I'd just finished up the fifth day of rehearsal for my upcoming tour and things had started to get intense. Fuck sweating bullets my ass was sweating bricks and I was a tad delirious so whatever Johnny was saying wasn't registering.

"Zoey pulled out," he tapped my arm, "remember how she said her grandma came down with an illness?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, apparently that illness is terminal. So she's removing herself from the tour because she wants to spend as much time with her as she can."

I sighed and adjusted my bag on my shoulder, "look that's sad and all, but man how the fuck we gonna find someone in such short notice? We're already well into rehearsals!"

"I'll ask the girls if they know anyone," Johnny took a sip of his water, leaning against the wall.

"What can I do?"

He shrugged, "literally do what you do best."

I raised my eyebrow looking at him as I unscrewed the top of my water bottle, "and what do I do best?"

"IG Lurkin," Johnny let out a laugh, holding his stomach.

"I do not lurk on Instagram," I sucked my teeth. This nigga thinks he's a comedian or some shit.

"Yo, we all got a running joke ab-,"

"AHT AHT, Johnny!" Delaney came out of the studio giving Johnny wide eyes.

So they hiding shit from me? But I'd be wrong if I hid their paychecks.

"To be honest Chris, I don't think it's that big of a loss losing Zoey. We have the chance to upgrade," she said as she bent down tying her shoes up, "plus, she was kind of... unseasoned if you ask me. And that's coming from the only other white Breezette."

We all laughed. She was right. I'm not gonna stress myself over anything like this. The perfect fit for the tour will come to us. Hopefully soon though.

"Alright, see y'all tomorrow," Delaney smiled as she ran off and hopped into her boyfriend's car. We waved goodbye and then I dapped Johnny, parting ways with him heading home.

"You been here all day?" I asked Kae, as I walked in our room. I set my gym bag by the laundry shoot and pulled my shirt over my head tossing it inside.

"Mhm," she said engaged in her phone. She was probably on Instagram or something, "I told you I wasn't feeling well."

"You did?" I asked putting my sneakers up.

"Yes I did," she said smartly. I didn't have time for her attitude. I was beat from practice and I just wanted to wash this sweat off me and take my ass to sleep. I ignored her presence for the rest of time I spent getting my shower stuff together then I went in the bathroom and got in the hot shower, letting the water run through my hair had down my back.

Karrueche and I weren't always like this. We were in love at one point but things changed between us ever since our last argument. Yeah, I know, we've argued plenty in the past and got back together like nothing happened but this recent argument was among our worst. I admit I went too far but she did too. Regardless of who hurt who the most, we still tried to work things out. We thought we did but we never fully bounced back.

The spark between us was gone.

Using my wash cloth, I scrubbed my neck and chest ridding myself of all dirt and sweat. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. I tensed up a little but then quickly realized it was just Karrueche.