Chapter 3

After Palette and Mistake was done eating ice cream. Mistake was pretty sure he scarred him for life. He had bit the ice cream instead of licking it, Palette almost screamed. Mistake thought that is was something like Hearts had forced him to eat. But it was creamy and cold.

Now, he was sitting in the front seat of Heart's car, staring outside. Hearts had stopped the semi-awkward silence.

"Uh, how was your first day of school?" Mistake turned away from the window and looked Hearts.

"iT wAs fiNe coNpArED tO wHAt i'vE sEen iN thE paST." Hearts coughed awkwardly and focused on the road more. Hearts was going to take that as "it was horrible".

Finally, they reached their house. Hearts noticed a book in Mistake's hand but said nothing about it. They both walked inside and Mistake immediately went to the living room's couch to read his book.

A little while after, Hearts has started to feed soup to him. Hearts didn't want the same thing to happen when he didn't feed him. Mistake almost dropped the whole spoon into his mouth. Luckily, Hearts was across the table.

After their bedtime routine, Mistake was sitting on the edge of his bed. The walls weren't completely white, it was a very light yellow color. The small difference was enough for Mistake to feel comfortable.

Mistake laid down and pulled the covers over himself. He didn't actually go to sleep. He was too scared to, he knew that he would have a nightmare and he didn't want to worry Hearts. He tossed and turned until it was 4 in the morning. By then, he got up and formed a puppet of Nightmare to past the time.

He looked a the puppet for a few moments and then hugged the copy of his Nightmare. "I mISs yOU, aLmOSt toO MuCH." He raspy chuckles to himself. He sighs as he gets back in his bed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was Mistake's third period when one of his ribs fell off. He was in his cooking class with Cloud9. When it suddenly hit the floor, making a soft "dink" when it hit the tiled floor. Mistake was surprised for a moment, but then bent down to pick it up. He put it in his pocket like nothing happened.

Little did he know that someone had watched the whole thing and was horrified.

During lunch, Mistake had noticed a group of kids getting a little too... How would he put it? They were staring at him. Yeah that's how a normal person would probably put it but how would Mistake know?

He narrowed his eyes at them, his eyesight still isn't the greatest, but he could still see them. Papyrus, Fresh, and Alphys... interesting. He didn't normally have the greatest relationship with Papyruses or Alphyses and Fresh... he's just really complicated and Mistake didn't have enough power to try and figure him out.

Mistake was sitting alone like the loser he is. They soon switched tables to sit with Mistake. Papyrus was the first to say something.

"H-Hey... you must be new here."

"YEAh aNd..?"

"You seemed pretty lonely."

"HMm yEah, I gUEss yOU coUld SaY thAt."

The three glanced at each other with a worried and uncomfortable expression written on their faces.

"Hey so... are you ok?" Fresh questioned.

"Um yES..." Mistake paused. "WHy aRe yOU askInG?"

The Alphys looked relieved.

"Oh well, Fresh here has the same cooking as you and he thought that one of your ribs came out of your rib cage! Crazy right?" Mistake blinked as Alphys continued about how weird it would be if he wasn't on the floor screaming out in pain, and how extra weird it would be for a rib to be snapped out of nowhere.

Now, Mistake was in no way a liar. He was actually usually blunt with the truth, but these were children. They don't need to be worrying about his health, all they need to worry about is their self and their phones.

"HHha, yEs tHat WoUlD bE weIRD."

Mistake looked down at his food. He hoped they wouldn't notice that he was actually just avoiding eye(?) contact.

"So, what's your name?" Papyrus asked.

Ah, this question again.

"uM eRr, mY nIcKNamE iS mIst." It wasn't a lie, it was his nickname.

"Mist... I think it's a great name!" Papyrus said encouragingly. The other two immediately agreed.

Mistake was starting to think that naming himself mistake was not good for introducing himself to people. There's still a guy named Error here, why hasn't that raised a couple of brows like Mistake had? It's literally a synonym to error.

Mistake realized that he zoned out and he looked up at the trio in front of him and there was a itch to smile.

"I'm sorry Mist but I don't have any more bandages and we need to save up for the next grocery trip." Mistake wasn't expecting this when he came home. They managed to completely run out of money except for food and rent.

Don't get him wrong, he could manage with old bandages or no bandages at all. He learned from experience that he doesn't get an infection that easily.

Mistake only blinked for a reaction. He could get a part-time job... he would get a part-time job. How hard could it be? Just a simple job.

"But you still need to cover up your wounds, huh?" Hearts sighed and walked away into another room.

He came back with a plain white sheet. Hearts looked back and forth between Mistake and the sheet. Then he tore the sheet with his hands pressed the torn fabric on his bandaged side of his face, seeing if it would fit.

"Hmm, it looks like it would fit. How about we try it on for size?" Mistake remanded silent but slowly took off the bandages.

Hearts may never get used to the site of it but ignored it for now for Mistake's sake. It looked like someone slammed him with a hammer over and over again and it didn't get any better in the back of his head.

Hearts let go of the breath he didn't know he held in when he was done. He put a knot at the back to keep it all together. It looked like it covered more of his face than the bandages did so that was good in Heart's opinion.

Mistake gingerly touched the fabric and sighed.

"iT fITs" Mistake stated.

Hearts smiled. "Yes it does!"

Mistake slightly smiled. Maybe this multiverse isn't going to be too bad.

1102 words

A/N Ahhh I'm so sorry this chapter took so long