Chapter 5

In which many things were revealed and misunderstood

TW: talk of ED and abuse.

As Friday came nearer, Mistake noticed some weird glances from some of the students and teachers gave him. He, for the life of him couldn't read them. Was it just because he was that ugly? He guesses he been synthesized with it.

He did meet more people though, more friends that were willing to become his friends. Horror and Dust even came to apologize to him, which he generously accepted. He couldn't say no to the faces that treated him fairly back in his multiverse.

He avoids Ink like the plague, he looks too much like Inky. He hopes that his counterpart will never find an excuse to talk to him. He's not even in his classes so it should be easy. Wrong. He was wrong because everything and everyone seemed to hate him and his peacefulness.

He refuses to communicate so death glares will have to do until now to the end of time itself.

...

The clock said 4:20 pm and it's on a Friday. Mistake and Hearts were in front of the the school. Mistake was playing with his hoodie strings.

Hearts is excited to see his friends he says.

"I think this is going to be fun, do you think so too?" Hearts turned to him as he shut the front door to the school. Mistake gave him a look. He was about to say something too, when a skeleton monster came up to them.

"Hey there, I'm Sans." There was a faint sign of distress on the other skeleton's face. It made Mistake tense up just a bit, which was quickly hidden from Sans's sight as Hearts stepped slightly in front of him.

"I work in the cafeteria."

"Oh?"

"I've noticed something about your kid."

"Ok..." Hearts did not really like how this conversation was going. He bristled. He already knew what his found son's eating habits, he was honestly doing the he best that he could. But Mist didn't even know what the term eating disorder even meant. hearts was undeniably short on money, but that doesn't mean he should be uneducated on things that affect his kid.

So he spent nights researching, trying to understand what would ideally help Mist the best. Hearts felt particularly hopeless on those nights. Mist should be eat, more than he is right now, especially with all the wounds and scars he has. It scared Hearts more than anything could've.

"How about we go somewhere else to talk about it."

"Hmm okay." Hearts turned away from Sans and put his hands on Mistake's shoulders. He looked at him. Mist's face had remained unreadable but it also had a small hint of confusion that was practically always on his face for some reason.

"Stay here okay? I'll be right back." Hearts waited a couple moments for him to answer, but all that Mistake could manage was a quick nod. Hearts and Sans walked off, he could sense Sans's eyes on him as they walked away but ignored it.

Mistake looked down at the floor for a moment and started to fiddle with his scarf. Suddenly feeling lost, he turned around and he could see Error approaching him.

"Hey there, Mist, how are you doing?" Error said somewhat professionally. Mistake blinked.

"Okay, I guess... how are you?" Mistake had learned that asking 'how are you' doesn't mean 'what did you do today?'. He learned that the hard way as he did with most things.

"Doing good, where is your guardian? I was hoping I could talk to them." He wanted to talk to Hearts? Why did everyone want to talk to Hearts? They don't know him from his job, do they? That would be awkward. Even Mistake knew that. But maybe Hearts would think that as hilarious.