Thirteen

Flashback

I was actually surprised the Billy wanted to come with me to drop Steve's car. I mean, I could have done it after he left so I could run home but he insisted that he comes with me to drop it off. I might have compelled him to forget where Steve lives just in case he tries to do something. We ended up walking back all the way to my house. Again, it wouldn't have been bad but Steve lives at the other side of the town so it might be a while till we get back. And for some reason, we started playing 20 questions.

"Ok, so you have two siblings?" Billy asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Stefan, the oldest twin. Then there's Damon, the older brother. What about you? Any siblings?"

Billy scoffed. "Besides the little brat Max. No. And she's not even my real sister."

I slapped Billy's arm. "She's not a brat. She's actually really cool." Not that I've ever met her.

"She's still a big pain in my ass," Billy said. Then he looked at me. "And you can't tell me that any of your brothers are the same."

"They do annoy me at times, I'll admit. But that doesn't mean I don't love them." And I felt myself trail off as I think about the good times we had. When Damon came back from war. When he would teach us how to play football. The time Stefan and Damon were with me when I won the first Miss Mystic Falls pageant -  the proudest day in my father's life. But that all went down the drain when we became vampires.

"Hey, Bela," Billy called out. I didn't realize I dazed out. "You ok?"

I nodded. "Yeah," I lied. "Just a bit cold." To my shock, Billy took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. I found myself smiling at him in thanks as my eyes scanned his torso. "Aren't you going to get cold?"

Billy smirked. "Nah. I'm good." He wrapped his arm around me. "Got the hottest thing next to me to keep me warm." I found myself blushing. I wish I could blame the booze for me blushing but I can't get drunk.

"And there goes the booze talking," I chuckled as I wrapped my arm around his waist. Even in this cold night, Billy seems to be warm. I took the small flask from my pocket and offered him some. "Speaking of which."

Billy grabbed the flask. "Thanks. Another one of these has been long overdue." He took a big swing before handing it back. "All right, my turn. What's the real reason you're leaving Hawkins?"

"Um," I started. "I thought I could handle Hawkins but it turns out I couldn't. It just isn't the place for me so I figured I better move on." And the fact I don't want Damon here if he decides to make another appearance and threatened my friends again. "Believe me, it's better this way."

Flashback Over

Eleven stayed at my place for a bit. She ate her waffles while I was shoving my stuff into the trunk. She tried to talk to me into staying but I just can't. I need to find Stefan and regroup before something happens. And it's better to stay with him in case Damon tries something, this way there's more muscle to stop Damon. I was just going to drop Steve's jacket off at the school because he forgot it at my house. I told Eleven I'm heading out but she could stay as long as she likes.

I checked my watch. First period is over and second is almost finished. Steve has PE so he must be in the gym. I ran over to the basketball court, made sure no one saw me, before making my way in. I was right Steve and his class were playing basketball and I am not surprised to see him facing Billy, who doesn't have his shirt on. I rolled my eyes. Of course, Billy would be skins. He was trying to get the ball from Steve so he was leaning over to get ready to grab the ball. Now that I'm by myself I could see how short the shorts looked on Billy. I raised my brow when I found myself checking out his bum. The girls were right. It's nice.