Six

It's already lunch and all I'm hearing around school is about the 'hot new kid,' Billy Hargrove. Please, when the guy shaves that mullet then we'll talk. Even if people aren't talking about him in front of me, my vampire hearing picked up on it. I already heard Tina talking about what she would do to him. Let me give you a hint. It involves her mouth around something. I swear that girl will suck anything.

"Here you go, Bela," Tina said as she handed me one of her flyers as I grabbed my lunch. "I'm having a party, I hope you could make it."

I politely took the flyer from her. Tina's Halloween Bash. Come and get sheet faced. It's a not that great of a flyer. And I get it, it's Halloween themed, but come up with a better slogan. Tina's been trying to get me to come to one of her parties since I showed up, but I never did. The only parties I went to were Steve's, even then I didn't stay out that late.

"I make no promises," I replied as I looked at the lunch lady in the eye. "This lunch looks great, Martha. I'm sure I'll be enjoying it."

Martha's pupils dilated. "I sure hope so, Bela." She grabbed my 'fruit punch' from the cooler.

I smiled at her. "Thank you."

I got out of the line and made my way towards my table. Well, I guess it became my table. No one would sit there  or they'd move whenever I'm near. Since it is mine and Steve's table. I'm just glad Steve's letting me explain everything to him.

I sat down and started picking at my burger. The burgers here, terrible. But I just need the 'fruit punch, to survive the day. I barley took a bite before mullet head decided to sit in front of me. I didn't even look up as I took a bite from my burger.

"Are you lost or something?" I started. Out of all the empty chairs, he decides to sit in front of me.

Billy took out his cigarette and placed it in his mouth before lighting it. "Nope."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"I go to school here."

I have him a look. "No. I'm talking about here with me."

For some reason, Billy smirked at me. "What? I can't enjoy the view." Billy's eyes glanced down at my rack. He pulled out his cigarette and blew out a smoke as he licked his lips.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Hey, shit face. Eyes are up here."

"Yeah, and?"

I glared at him. But an idea formed in my head. The glare became a little smirk before I leaned over, making sure my chest looked a bit bigger. Billy's eyes darkened with lust as he flicked his cigarette to the side.

"I get it. You're the new kid on the block. I'm the old one," I began. "Somewhere in that empty head of yours, you think you could just flash me your 100 watt smile and I'd suddenly drop my panties for you."

"Is it working?" Billy asked cockily.

I gave him a lopsided grin. "Quiet the opposite. It's making me want to dump my lunch on you, but since I'm being civil." I leaned closer to Billy's ear. Another trick I'd pick up. "How about you pack up your bag and talk to one of those air-headed jocks. You all seem to think with your penises."

When I pulled away from Billy, his eyes were in a trance. He didn't say anything, but grabbed his bag and got up. He left my table, which made me really happy. Steve made his way over, but had a confused look on his face when he saw Billy walking away.

He pointed towards Billy. "What was that about?"

I sighed. "You know. Same old, same old. Guy thinks he hot and suddenly wants to fuck me."

Steve sat down and looked at Billy again, who was talking to James. "And that thing you did just a second ago...that's compulsion, right?"

"Right." Even though I told Billy to walk away, he was still glancing at my table. His glare hardened when he saw Steve, but he shook his head and continued talking to James. I looked down at my burger to see Billy's cigarette bud shoved on the bun. I shook my head in disgust before tossing that thing away. "You actually came."

"Well, like you said, if you wanted me to forget, you would have done it by now," Steve said.

"What did you tell Nancy?"

"That I owed you lunch for helping me with my homework."

I nodded. "Good." I grabbed the carton and started drinking it. "What do you want to know?"

Steve looked around the cafeteria before grabbing his bag. "Maybe we shouldn't talk here. People might tend to be nosy."

I shook my head. "No need. Everyone in this room is compelled," except for Billy, "whatever we talk about stays in this room." I leaned back in my seat. "So, where do you want me to start?"

"I want you to start from the beginning." I gave Steve a confused look. "I want to know how you became...you know..."

"A vampire," I mockingly whispered. "You know that's not a bad word, Steve."

"No, but if I say it then that makes everything real." Steve leaned closer to me and whispered, "My best friend is a freaking vampire. You shouldn't be alive right now. So, yeah, I want to know everything."

I sighed as I began telling my story. "It all started in 1864...."

》》》》

A/N: Today sucks.

*Not edited.*