Twelve

I finally manage to get some sleep. I drove Steve's car back to his house so he doesn't have to worry now. I tried to move but the arm around my waist was stopping me. I opened my eyes to see Billy's arm around me. Oh, crap. Don't tell me he actually slept over. My back was pressed against his bare chest. If it wasn't for the fact that my clothes are still on then I would have worried that we've done something. If I have to admit something, I actually didn't hate the fact that he slept over. We actually had a nice conversation without any bickering or his constant flirting.  It was just us getting to know each other.

I told him about Stefan and Damon. How my mother died when I was young. I told him about Katherine and how my brothers were pining over her. And for some reason, I told him about my first love, Leonard. And it couldn't be from the booze. It was like something just inside of me opened up and wanted me to tell Billy about him. I don't even know how because when it was time for him to leave, I kept the conversation going. I wanted him here. I don't know why but my crazy ass wanted him to. I'm just glad that we didn't do anything too drastic.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that I left out. I didn't tell him about me being a vampire. The only person I want to know that I'm a vampire is Steve. Even though I didn't want to tell him, I'm glad I did. The only thing I hate is that he found out because of Damon. And it was great because I get to tell him the whole truth, but I'm leaving so I guess...I guess I have to compel him to forget that I'm a vampire.

I looked at Billy. For a moment, he wasn't actually an asshole. He actually looked like he was at peace. He looked calm. Some part of his hair was sticking on his forehead. I slowly reached up and pushed it back. I was about to pull back but I found myself cupping his cheek. Billy tilted his head while his thumb started tracing a small pattern on my hip. A small smile came to my face. He looks really cute like that. Wait, did I just say Billy Hargrove's cute? What the hell am I doing?

I heard a small twig break outside and that actually snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly got up and ran over to the back, making sure Billy didn't wake up. I furrowed my brows when I found Eleven standing there, looking at me. What is she doing here? I thought I scared her off.

"Eleven?" I called out as I slowly walked over. "Eleven, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you," she admits. Me? Why did she want to see me? "I didn't mean to call you a Demogorgon." Oh.

I smiled at her. "It's fine, Eleven." I couldn't leave her outside. "Would you like to come in? I could make you some more waffles." And just like that, Eleven smiled and started running towards my house. Oh, shit. I forgot Billy was still in there. "Hey, we need to be very quiet though. My friend's still sleeping and I don't want to wake him up."

Eleven nodded. I opened the door and we slowly made our way in. I pointed to the kitchen and Eleven nodded before her brows furrowed. She suddenly grabbed my hand and started to inspect it.

"No scar?" she asked. Fuck, I forgot I was supposed to have a scar since I cut my hand.

"I'm a fast healer," I half lied. "The cut wasn't that deep. I'm completely fine, El."

Eleven looked up at me. "You still feel cold."

"I had my air conditioner on most of the night. Sorry, my friend was very warm last night." I turned her around. "Go. I made sure to grab extra Eggos in case you came back."

"You're not mad?"

I gave her a disbelieving look. "Me? Mad at you? Never." I heard Billy slowly waking up in the other room. "Go. I'll be there in a bit."

Eleven nodded before running to the kitchen. I made my way towards the parlor to see Billy putting on his shirt. He didn't button it so I could still get a better look of his abs. When I looked up he had a small smirk on his face.

"See something you like, princess?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. "I've seen better."

He still had that smirk on his face. "Well, we did have fun." He looked at the clock and rolled his eyes. "Great, I have to take the little brat to school."

I furrowed my brows. What the hell happened? Billy from last night was nicer than this jerk off. "Max isn't a brat." How can he be the sincere guy one minute and act like a jerk the next? I grabbed his shoes and handed them to him. "And second. No one better know you slept over here."

"And what's the problem with that? Are you nervous that people might think that I've actually nailed the Bela Salvatore?" he asked.

I glared at him. "No, because you might actually start the rumor that you slept with me. But with the way you'll say it will make people think we've had sex."

"We're both hot. It'll be easy believable. Not my fault that these idiots just assume shit."

Ooh, I want to pin him to the wall and threaten him with my vampire face. But instead I said with a smirk on my face, "Well, one of us is. You're more like a 7."

"On a scale 1 -5." Ok, I'm done with him. I went over and grabbed his shoulder before I started yanking him out of the parlor. "And now you're all hot and bothered."

"Not even in your nightmares, Hargrove," I said as I opened the front door and pushed him out. "Now you better leave before I call the cops on your ass."

"If I remember correctly, you're the one who told me to sleep over."

"And you're the one who wanted to check up on me. Now, if you excuse me, I still need to pack."

I was about to slam the door in his face but Billy stopped it. "If you want my advice -"

"Which I don't."

"Don't go." There was a sudden change in Billy's face. His eyes grew a bit softer. More sadder. The way his voice said don't go...it made it seem like he was pleading. "You don't know what Hawkins has to offer if you leave."

"You should go."

Billy nodded. His eyes studying my face. He pulled out his cigarette carton and grabbed one of the pens from the tables near the door. I furrowed my brows when he started writing something on it. Billy put the pen back and handed me the carton.

"If you ever decided to visit this shit hole again, don't be afraid to call," he said. I looked at the carton and saw his number written on it. With the words in case you ever miss me.

I found myself giving him a small chuckle. "Bye, Billy." Then I closed the door. I could have sworn he had a smile on his face which made my chest flutter.

I heard Eleven walking behind me and turned. "You're leaving?" she asked but it came out like a statement.

I nodded as I made my way over and wrapped my arm around her before guiding her back to the kitchen. "Let's not talk about that right now. I got waffles with your name on it."

》》》》

A/N: It is 3 in the morning and I can't sleep, so I figured why not another short chapter before shit happens.

Bela's starting to feel something. Will it come and bite her in the ass? Maybe.

*None of this is edited.*