♱•Twenty-Six•♱

Renjun swings open the front door, his brows knitting together in confusion "where's the others?" He asks, moving aside to let Donghyuck, Jaemin and Jisung inside.

"School project, they couldn't make it" Donghyuck says as he pushes his way past Renjun and towards the staircase. The other three follow Donghyuck up to the guest bedroom and the brunette was quick to introduce his old friends to his new ones. They all seemed to get along pretty well, Renjun helped with the language barrier a little but he was pleasantly surprised at how good Lucas and Chenle were at Korean.

They scattered pillows and blankets all over the bedroom floor, sitting down and getting comfortable, Jaemin leant against Jisung, and of course Renjun sat very close to Lucas. He let his hand rest on the elder boys leg, Lucas didn't seem to think anything of it.

The boys sat talking for a while, mostly just getting to know one another. Lucas and Chenle made a large effort to tell the most embarrassing stories about Renjun they could think of. The brunette didn't mind but of course he was still trying to tease the lingering ghost.

"Don't you think you've embarrassed me enough?" Renjun sighs, looking over at Lucas with fake pleading eyes.

The elder boy only laughs and shakes his head "no, there's wayyyy too much left to tell"

"Noooooo, please stop!" He wines, grabbing Lucas' arm and hugging it tightly. As the elder boy begins to tell the next story Renjun buried his face in Lucas' arm, 'dying of embarrassment'. In reality the story wasn't all that bad, just about some time he tripped over but that happens too often for it to be embarrassing.

The temperature dips in the room and Donghyuck steals a blanket off Jaemin's shoulders, wrapping it around his own. "Jesus Christ do you're parents pay their heating bill?" He mutters, slapping Jaemin's hand away when he tries to take the blanket back.

"It's an old house, I'm sure there's drafts coming from everywhere" Chenle says and Renjun notices him shiver a little.

Was Jeno's presence really that cold? He tried thinking back to when he had first moved in and how cold the upstairs hallway had seemed, but over time he'd grown use to the frosty chill.

"It's usually pretty cold on cloudy days although it can also be a sun trap when there is clear sky's, so it's either freezing cold or boiling hot" Renjun explains, this was actually true. When Jeno wasn't close by the house was actually pretty warm and he sometimes found himself sweating when the sun beamed through his window. So sometimes it was a relief to have the ghost to cool him down.

They carried on talking for a while and Renjun kept close to Lucas although he eventually got a little bored of it. He was basically just making a fool of himself for no reason as he seemed to be getting no reaction from Jeno or Lucas.

The hours seemed to fly by and before they knew it the room had darkened as the sun set outside. "You guys wanna crash here tonight?" Renjun asks, watching as Jaemin, Jisung and Hyuck stand.

"Nah it's algood, I promised my mum I'd be home before ten and I should probably walk Jisung home" Jaemin answers and Renjun sees a small blush coat the younger boys cheeks.

"Yeah I can't stay either" Hyuck states, kicking a pillow out of the way "got a dick appointment" he winks before walking over to the door.

Renjun shows the three out, saying he'd see them at school on Monday and telling them to get home safely. Quickly, he races back up and into the guest room.

Chenle and Lucas were moving the blankets and pillows back onto the beds, getting them ready to be slept in. They spot Renjun in the doorway and shoot him a bright smile.
"Your new friends seem really great" Chenle says earning a nod of agreement from the elder.

Renjun moves to sit on the edge of the closest bed "they are pretty great" he sighs "but I miss my old friends, because I think they're pretty great too". He hadn't realised how much he had missed the two of them until tonight and the thought of having to say goodbye all over again almost brought tears to his eyes.

"Hey don't get upset" Lucas says, sitting beside the brunette, pulling him into a comforting hug "we'll always be here for you, and we'll visit again as soon as we can"

Renjun smiles enjoying the hug a little longer before standing "right, I'll let you two sleep" he says, walking over to Chenle and embracing him in a hug also "I'll see you both in the morning"

They exchanged their 'Goodnights' and 'sweet dreams' before Renjun makes his way back over to his own room. It was dark and the chill was very noticeable. He pulls on the sleeves of his hoodie as he reaches over for the light switch.

A ghostly figure sat by the window, barely visible in the dim light.

The brunette walks a little further into the room. The energy seemed different than usual, and the chill was almost unbearable. "Jeno?" He says softly, walking closer and closer to the window, feeling the air go so icy that it burnt his face.
"J-Jeno?" He repeats, watching as the ghost looks over in his direction.

There was a moment of silent anticipation as Renjun waits for a response, his heart beating so fast he wondered when it would give up beating.

Finally Jeno opens his mouth, his eyes dark as the words fall from his lips "we need to talk"