♱•Fourteen•♱

Renjun sat on his bed, laptop open and the sound of his friend, Lucas, talking away about nonsense. Renjun wasn't really listening to what he was saying, they'd been on this damn Skype call for nearly three hours and all Lucas had done was complain about how bored he was or how hungry he was. Needless to say that Renjun had lost interest, he was too nice to just end the call. Of course he could end the call and blame it on the connection or WiFi network, but in a weird way it was nice to hear Lucas' voice even if Renjun wasn't taking any notice in what was being said.

Jeno sat at the desk, reading through Renjun's sketchbook/diary. He'd been flipping through the pages for the past two days yet hadn't seemed to question Renjun on anything yet.

Renjun found it a little odd that Jeno hadn't even voiced his opinions on any of the drawings yet. Surely that would have been expected. But there was nothing. He hadn't even spoken to Renjun all that much since the night of the meal.

"Aww Renjun! Why are you frowning? Did I upset you? Look on the bright side, Sicheng's gold fish is in a better place now"
Hearing his name, Renjun snaps his attention back to Lucas and he forces a smile to his face.

He laughs a little and shakes his head "I'm not upset over Sicheng's dead gold fish" he giggles, hating the way it sounded so forced and fake. "I just zoned out".

There was the sound of shuffling and Renjun took this opportunity to glance over at Jeno who still sat staring at that damn sketchbook.
"Oh" Lucas says, and instantly Renjun looks back to the screen "what's wrong?" He asks, his tone sounding a lot softer than before.

Renjun sighs, looking down at the pillow he had hugged close to his chest. "I-I just have a lot on my mind at the moment" he replies, only half lying. He did have a lot on his mind, that mostly being Jeno, and all of the important things he should be worrying about seemed second in comparison to Jeno.

"I'm sorry! Am I stopping you from doing homework or sleeping, damn sorry I need to learn to shut up" Lucas laughs and the sound brings a genuine smile to Renjun's lips as he looks at the laptop screen, seeing Lucas' bright smile.

Renjun shakes his head, hugging the pillow tighter to his chest "don't apologise, I'll just blame you when I get bad grades" this earns another laugh from the older male.

"Well I'm going to let you sleep or study, whatever you nerds usually do" Renjun rolls his eyes at this playfully "you know even though you live in a different country, we're still your friends, you can talk to us when you feel down."

The brunette looks up, his eyes briefly looking towards Jeno, noticing he had finally looked away from the book and his own eyes were lingering on Renjun. Quickly, Renjun looks away back at the screen "I-I know, thank you, um I gotta go, give Chenle a big hug from me and tell Sicheng I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of mr bubbles" they both laugh a little at this before saying goodnight and finally ending the call.

Renjun shuts the laptop, placing it on the bedside table before forcing himself to look at the ghost. Jeno stands from the chair and holds the book out for Renjun to take.

"W-What did you think of the drawings?" He asks. He didn't know why he sounded so nervous, but the way Jeno had been so intensely reading and looking at that book made him a little self-conscious.

For a moment Jeno doesn't say anything but he soon smiles and sits down on the bed in front of Renjun. "They're good, you're talented" he compliments which caused Renjun to let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought you hated them, you looked so solemn when you were looking through it" he laughs quietly, flipping through the dozens of pages.

The ghost only shrugs "you have a weird life, it was like reading some shitty coming of age contemporary novel" this earns a laugh from Renjun as he slips the sketchbook into the drawer beside his bed, safely hidden from his parents. "I have one question though" Renjun only nods for him to continue "that Lucas guy, the one you were talking to just then, is that the same Lucas you wrote about?"

Renjun's eyes widen a little, his eyes looking anywhere but at Jeno. He'd completely forgotten he had written the things Jeno was referring to, it was such a long time ago and it had slipped his mind.
"U-um Yeah? It was like three years ago and he was older and I was still confused about my sexuality, I-I guess I found him pretty attractive and developed this weird crush but it didn't last long"

Jeno smirked a little, tilting his head as he looked at the flustered boy "Are you sure? I mean there was three pages full of those rather erotic dreams you had, oh and don't even get me started on the drawings-"

"Stop! Please stop I forgot those were even in there" by this point, Renjun had buried his entire face into his pillow, feeling his cheeks heating in embarrassment. "Forget you ever read or saw it, please"
Slowly, he peeks over the pillow, looking at Jeno, still feeling full of shame.

"Don't worry about it, humans have needs, I get that" he winks which only makes Renjun blush even harder than before "ghosts have needs too".

Before Renjun could even begin to think of how to respond to that, Jeno disappears, leaving Renjun all alone in the dimly lit room.
Without even thinking about what he was doing he grabs the sketchbook from the drawer and flips to the pages Jeno had mentioned. He read the neat cursive writing and looked over the small sketches, mentally screaming the whole time.

He'll admit, 16 year old Renjun was one horny little shit. He just hated the fact that Jeno now knew this too.
With a groan he throws the book across the room, laying down on his back, staring up at the ceiling. "I hate my life!"