His eyes seemed to keep on widening as he stared at the Cobble path, as he stared at his shaking hands.

"Jon, are you okay?" Jon didn't react to Ashlie's words. The group stopped in the middle of Shredville's path to the gates, all looking back at Jon.

"Jon? Buddy, you there?" Tommy walked up to Jon, saying those words as he grabbed Jon's shoulder.

No reaction.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Uni questioned. Jon slowly looked up, plastering a smile on his face as he shook his head.

"No, sorry. I got lost in my thoughts. I kept thinking about what would've happened if that guy didn't save us, haha.." 

"Oh, alright." The group continued on. Ashlie couldn't help but stare at Jon as the group walked.

Something was definitely wrong.

A sudden coughing interrupted the silent walk, and in turn, the group spotted a burned and badly bruised Nick running towards them. He stumbled slightly, and Tommy and Uni quickly went to his aid.

"What happened to you? We need to get back to the cottage and-" Uni started, but Nick quickly interrupted.

"No, no..we.." He coughed. "Can't. Bri burned.." He coughed again.

Tommy groaned, dramatically falling to his knees.

"What? Then where are we supposed to go?!" He shouted. Ashlie rolled her eyes.

"Why don't we stay in Shredville?" She suggested. "After that trial, the people are supporting and believing in you, Tommy. So we should be welcomed to stay here-"

"No." Nick interrupted once more. His hand slowly raised, revealing the crumpled letter he grasped in his hands. "R..read this. Shredville is where she wants us.."

"She? Who is she?" Tommy asked. Nick sighed, shaking his head.

"...some girl named Oriana? Either way, we need..to get out." Ashlie stated at Jon with a frown, watching as his shaking increased.

"Let's go to Smallville. Shelby should still be there, right?" Everyone turned towards Uni, who had said those words with a high uncertainty.

"Let's go then."

×

The guards of Shredville seemed to recognize our protagonists, as they let them in without any hesitation. The group didn't seem to mind it, but Ashlie was surprised. After all, they looked like a mess.

Jon would not shaking, mumbling, and holding his head in his hands. Nick had burns and scratches all over him. Tommy was proudly wearing no mask, happy to be able to show himself to the world. Uni seemed to be glancing around, shoulders stiff as if he feared Smallville. And Ashlie stared at her friends, brows furrowed and a frown on her lips.

The group approached Shelby's house, in which she almost immediately walked out, as if she was expecting them. "Are you alright?!" She questioned, letting out a gasp as she ran to lead Nick inside. She pulled Jon along as well, and Ashlie let out a sigh of relief, as she knew she wasn't the only one who noticed Jon's odd gestures.

This left Ashlie, Uni, and Tommy to sit in one of the rooms, and wait for the others.

"So… since I wont be going over to Oli's for awhile, how about you worms and I have dinner here? It would be hecka cool man!" Tommy suggested, eyes shining brightly.

Ashlie stared at Tommy for a moment, in the faze of shock from being able to see him express so much genuine emotion. She quickly nodded her head, turning to Uni with an equally bright smile.

"We totally should! We should ask Shelby when she gets back." Ashlie added, clasping her hands together.

"That could be fun." Uni stated, nodding lightly. He looked over at a window, staring out. "Who do you think that was? Defending Tommy- us?" He pondered aloud.

Ashkie shrugged. "Maybe it was just a good guy? Someone who saw what happened during the queens final moments? Someone who knew about Cory?" She was just throwing ideas around at this point.

"We'll have to thank him one day! But today, worms, we should celebrate. Forget about all that wack, let's just stay in this moment."

"Yeah, if we can."

×

I had way more planned for the trial, so I wrote down everything on a piece of paper...

And of course, I lost it. So the trial time wasn't as long as it should've been.

I'll probably come back and fix this when the time comes. Until then, enjoy the ride! We'll take things somewhat slow for the next few chapters. :)

Hey! Ever wanted to see my art and a story that hasnt been released on here yet? Join NewScapeAmino and follow me 👁👁👁
not sponsored but i want more people to have the opportunity to read Smile!

Hey! Ever wanted to see my art and a story that hasnt been released on here yet? Join NewScapeAmino and follow me 👁👁👁not sponsored but i want more people to have the opportunity to read Smile!