| 28 |

Silence filled the whole town of Shredville.

After all, the whole town had gone to watch the trial go down.

And not to mention, that the identity of the masked hero was none other than the person who killed their queen.

"And that is why everyone up here- is on trial." Cory stated, as Tommy stood there, frozen with mixed feelings. "The four standing here all knew about Tommy's identity, and his crime. Yet none of them sid anything; not to mention, the Jester Jon and Princess Ashlie survived a fire that burned their kingdoms to the ground- which they both did nothing but run away."

Cory sighed, staring at the crowd. "Uni lives in the dark forest. In a cottage, and he let this criminal inside of his own home. Do you see the problem?" Cory paced on the wooden boards, hands clasped together.

"Jury, what is your current view on these criminals?" Cory asked.

"Guilty. For death penalty" A male said. Cory nodded. Then, he started asking the other jury members.

"Whos that? I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind after this-" Ashlie mumbled, trying her best not to send a death glare at the male.

"That's Ddawn; a male that is so despicable, yet so honored by the king, that anyone would've thought he was up to something." Oli whispered.

"Innocent." Cory paused, staring at the last jury member. 

"And why is that?" Cory questioned, brow raised.

"Because," the unknown male stood up. "I believe that Tommy is innocent." He continued. He walked up to Cory, and then faced the crowd.

"The queens murderer could've been anyone, yet we all believe that since Cory had witnesses it, that Tommy is guilty? There is no proof he had done anything." The male said, with a nod.

"I agree!" Everyone's attention had turned to someone in the crowd. A woman in her thirties gave a smile. "After all, why else would he be the masked hero? Maybe he was trying to redeem himself, and show the town he was innocent!" She exclaimed.

Cory scoffed. "You don't really expect that to be true, right-"

"He's a good man, I tell you." An old woman, and by the way Oli's eyes lit up Ashlie could only assume this was his grandmother. "He was always respectful when I invited him over for dinner. Couldn't kill a fly, or anyone innocent I tell you."

Everyone in the crowd had suddenly been enlightened by the mysterious man from the jury. The crowd came to an uprising, all defending their masked hero.

Tommy, who was still frozen, was slowly realizing that the town was supporting him- not outcasting him, or hating him. He seemed to regain control of his own body as he put on a grin.

"Heck yeah! See? I am innocent! Of course I am! This is the last time the town will listen to your false testimony, worm!" Tommy exclaimed, winking at Cory as he ran off towards his friends.

Cory stood there in shock for a moment, before turning to face the unknown jury member. "You..! This was going right until you said something! Why?!"

The man chuckled. "Because; I refuse to let Oriana get her way."

No one noticed Ashlie, Jon, Tommy, and Uni leave. And surely, no one noticed that the mysterious man wore a cloak, and how shocked Jon seemed to be.

×

"Whoa, did you see that?! Cory was like, hahaha! And then that one guy was like, innocent I say! And then-" Tommy seemed to ramble on about what had just happened, and Uni and Ashlie just ignored him and kept walking. Oli had left to the crowd, and Jon was falling behind his friends.