| 25 |

It was quiet.

Just quiet.

Then again, Uni was alone in his house with two unconscious males.

Uni-Chan and Duni went out somewhere, and he hasn't heard back from them yet. He was starting to get worried.

 “Uni! We came as soon as we heard!” Uni looked over, seeing the cat and wolf both come in. 

“What do you mean…?” Uni questioned. 

“Bri! We found her sleeping out in the forest. When she woke up, she said there were the shadows at your house and she ran, so we came back as soon as we could!” Uni-Chan explained. Though Uni didn't understand why Bri would tell Uni-Chan and Duni if they can't speak to her, but Uni decided to ignore that for now.

“Do I need to come get her?” Uni asked, standing up. Duni shook his head. 

“Nah, she's fine. She should be here any minute. We kind of left her when Uni-Chan ran to come get you..” Duni muttered.

 “Hey! It was important, okay?” Uni-Chan snapped, 

“Hey, Uni!” Uni looked out the window, to see Bri limping. 

“Mind coming out to help me?” She shouted. Uni quickly nodded, walking towards the door.

 “Watch Tommy and Nick, I'll be back.” Uni told the two before walking out and behind the house. For whatever reason, it seemed like he wasn't getting closer to Bri as he walked towards her in the forest. Though, Uni don't know why. He was suddenly in front of her, and she smiled.

“Are you guys alright?” She asked, and Uni shook his head. “Tommy and Nick are both currently unconscious, and injured badly. Ashlie and Jon went to go get salt from Shredville, but they should be back soon.” Bri seemed to smile as Uni spoke. 

“Oh, okay.” The two walked back to the house.

Once inside, she sat somewhere on the floor. Tommy was stirring in his sleep so Uni walked over. “Did anything happen to him when I was gone-” Uni-Chan shook her head. 

“No, he just suddenly started stirring.” She explained.

All of a sudden, he jumped from the bed and ran. “Ah!” Uni jumped slightly, startled by the action. He suddenly was speed walking out into the forest. Uni frowned, his brows furrowing after he followed after Tommy. Uni didn't want him to get hurt again- so it was the only thing he could do. “Tommy!” He shouted, picking up my pace. No reply. Tommy kept on moving, until Uni finally found him.

Tommy stood there, looking at Uni with his mask on. Uni would assume Uni-Chan or Duni found his mask..? Though, for whatever reason, it looked like it was either more clean or new. Strange. 

“Tommy? Are you alright?” Uni questioned. Tommy nodded. 

“Of course I am! But are you?” Uni looked at him strangely. 

"After all, you didn't realize that Tommy had his mask.” Tommy- or more as the person who sounded and looked like Tommy- said, walking in a circle around me. “Didn't realize that this Tommy hasn't a single bandage or wrap on him.” He stopped in front of me. “Or that this Tommy was just a fake.” The person took off the mask, looking exactly like Tommy for a split second- but quickly, they melted off their skin until all that remained was..

“Bri?”

×  | ×

Tommy didn't think this through hard enough. After he overheard Bri talking about her plan when she teleported Tommy to the garden, he sprinted off towards Shredville. It was the only place he really recognized- and with his mask on, the guards would surely let him in! After all the guards looked to him as a hero for what he used to do-

That is, if they don't think he abandoned Shredville.

Tommy eventually reached Shredville, only to find no guards at the post. How strange. He walked on in, slipping into the shadows like he usually did. It had been quite some time since he patrolled the streets from the shadows- maybe he could help some people while he looked for the worms.

“Tommy?” Tommy swiveled around, only to see a short boy with his jaw dropped. 

“Uh..how do you know my identity??” Tommy questioned. The boy made a mix of a mad, upset, and pouty face at the male. 

“It's me, Oli! You know, the kid who always helped you when you weren't there to save people?” He snapped. Tommy gasped. 

“Oh! Oli! Nice to see ya, brutha!” Oli signed, shaking his head with a frown. 

“Not the time. Have you seen the freak who took my mask?” Oli asked. Tommy looked at him strangely. 

“I just got here, worm- what did the freak look like? I can go find them-” Tommy started, and Oli quickly interrupted.

“A freak with a camera for a face.” Tommy tense up in his spot as Oli continued. “Said something about how he was going to kidnap everyone, all he needed was my mask. I tried putting up a fight, but… Do you see how skinny and weak I am?” Oli explained. Tommy frowned, crouching down and putting a hand on Oli's shoulder. 

“Hey, don't let that freak get to you. Like I said, getting string takes practice man! I'd be happy to train you soon!” Oli smiled slightly.

“That would be appreciated. But..where have you been? I haven't seen you in forever!” Oli complained.

“It was only a couple of days, jeez, dramatic much?” Tommy said, somewhat joking. He shrugged. “Got stuck with four worms. Ashlie, Jon, Uni, and Nick. Turns out Cory, the freak who stole your mask, is basically looking for us all- except maybe Nick- oh, and Jon's cousin Bri is the witch who's here to kidnap us for Cory.” Tommy explained. Oli blinked at him, speechless.

“Did you say… Ashlie and Jon?” Oli questioned. Tommy nodded. “Oh great. This is unfortunate..” Oli muttered.

“What are you rambling about? Just tell me you worm!” Tommy whisper shouted. Oli rolled his eyes.

“Look. Cory literally used my mask to lure them away. And now they're in Shredville's dungeon.” Oli explained. Tommy's mouth dropped. “And now, I heard he's only for two people left to get. And from what you said, I can only assume that's you and Uni.” Oli finished with a sigh, shaking his head.

“And Uni's getting kidnapped by Bri currently! Which means..” Tommy grinned. “I'm better than those losers! Ha! Cause I'm still not kidnapped!” Oli frowned, glaring slightly at the other male. 

“Tommy, be serious! These people need our help! So, let's get my mask, and them back.” Oli said.

 Tommy grinned, nodding. “Sounds like a plan! Let's get going, worm!” Tommy said, and the two traveled through the alleyways and shadows towards the castle. 

“Now that I'm thinking about this, this might be a bad idea.” Oli said, hesitating slightly as he followed after Tommy.

“Oh, come on Oli! This will be a piece of cake!” Tommy replied. Oli went to reply, but decided it would be useless to try and argue against Tommy at this point.

The two eventually arrived at the castle, to find Cory talking with some guards. “So uh… if you can, please prepare the stage. Make in front of all the stalls; it'll be the best place to do my grand humiliation and- I mean, my grand trial.” Cory said, a smirk taking place.

The guards exchanged glances before nodding, and heading off. Cory sighed, before turning in Tommy and Oli's direction.

“You know, you could have at least tried to hide yourselves better. And even though I can technically spare you because Bri isn't here…” Cory quickly advanced forward.

“I think this humiliation will be fun.”