19. A little scare

Start from the beginning

"Yes, we will go." He nodded and laid me down on the bed carefully.

"I will get our things, okay." He said caressing my face softly like I would break if he touched me even a little harshly. My heart went out to him, he was pretty shaken up about what happened. There was a knock at the door while Ashish collected our minor things scattered here and there in the room.

"Akshita, what happened to you suddenly?" My mother came in with my aunts showing false concern. They clearly saw my condition but now they would pretend that they care in front of Ashish.

"Nothing, mother. Ashish said my blood pressure dropped. I will be fine once I go to my home." I felt brave in the presence of my husband. By now, Ashish had packed the bags and placed them near the bed. He stood beside me while my mother looked at me shocked.

"Home?" She questioned incredulously.

"Yes, Ashish and I are leaving for home. Mamma wants us to be back." I further riled her up by taking Ashish's name. Her lips twitched in an ugly way, she was itching to scold me but Ashish's presence was enough to stop her.

"Okay, I will get the things ready then." She said standing up and left along with my aunts. Ashish sat on the bed beside me and kissed my forehead.

"Do you want something to eat or drink before we leave?" He asked caressing my face.

"No, I just wanna go from here," I said holding his hand in mine.

"Did something happen while you were in the kitchen?" He asked.

"Nothing new. I will tell you after going home."

"So something did happen. That bad?" He asked looking concerned.

"I don't want to talk about it yet," I said in a broken voice. My lips quivered and my brave façade was ready to crumble.

************************************

Ashish

The last time I was this scared was when Khushi had her first panic attack. I had freaked out and my heart was ready to stop, looking at her condition. This time as well, I totally freaked out when the maid came running to the room and told me that Akshita has fainted in the kitchen. I ran to the kitchen in panic and saw Akshita laying on the floor breathing heavily with tears leaking from her eyes. Her father and others were there but nobody even helped her. I immediately picked her up in my arms, bringing her to the room.

I started thinking that if I wasn't there then what would have happened to her.

She calmed down after some time and I hugged her tightly. We both were pretty shaken up for a few minutes.

When her mother and aunts came to show their fake concern for her, I wanted to throw them out. However, what concerned me more was the stony expression on Akshita's face. She was purposely jabbing at her mother.

"Do you want to eat or drink anything before we leave?" I asked caressing her face.

"No, I just wanna go from here." She replied with a blank face.

"Did something happen while you were in the kitchen?" My heart clenched at just the thought of her being hurt.

"Nothing new. I will tell you after going home." She murmured. My hands fisted on their own and I felt angry at everyone who made her feel like that.

"So something did happen. That bad?" Her lips quivered and her brave façade started falling.

"I don't want to talk about it yet," She choked at the end of her sentence. I wrapped my arms around her and she clutched to me tightly.