If I put her on the truck, she'll probably die on the way to her destination. She most likely won't even wake up to know that she's been shipped off to be bred. She'll die peacefully—well as peacefully as an unbought submissive can die in a place as cruel as this.

If I take her to the doctor though, they can save her life—not that it really is her life that is. She will have to live out the rest of her miserable life as a breeder. Her life probably won't be long anyway, not with how damaged she is already.

I feel sick just thinking about it. She either dies here, or will wish she would have.

I can't turn a blind eye to her though, I can't stand and watch as the life leaves her. Perhaps she will be thankful for me saving her life.

————

The doctor sighs, looking over the girl. My eyes stay transfixed on the large scar that runs up the back of her thigh.

I've seen this particular girl limping around from trainings, but I never knew why. Now I know who the trainers were talking about when they spoke of the cripple.

"Are you going to just stand there? Or are you going to get her a blanket?" The doctor asks me, giving me an incredulous look.

I turn around silently and get him one of the clean blankets from the cabinet. The doctor takes it and sighs, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Did you already tell them that she won't be shipped out tonight?" I nod. The doctor sighs again, rolling the girl onto her back before putting a pillow under her right leg, the one that is all damaged.

"What is that for?" I finally ask, seeing him prop up her bad leg. He looks from the girls leg to me.

"The pillow?"

"Yes," I reply simply.

"It supports her knee while her leg is straight. She's missing a key muscle group in her leg and it strains her knee," he explains.

"...what happened to her leg?" He purses his lips, turning away from me. He doesn't reply and my gaze shifts back to the girl.

"We had to take out her hamstring on that leg."

"...Why?"

"Apparently the dominant that punished her didn't think it was necessary to sterilize a knife before using it on her for a punishment," he says, turning around and bringing back a large bowl of something.

"A knife for a punishment? We aren't allowed to use knives—"

"Not anymore," The doctor says in a clipped tone. He fixes the blankets around the girl.

"...What happened? Is the scar from the knife?" I wonder what lead to her hamstring being removed.

"No. I had to remove her hamstring," he says without explaining.

"...Why?"

He sighs and looks up at me in annoyance. "Her leg got extremely infected from her injury not being taken care of or stitched up. By the time the trainers decided she needed medical care, she was already in shock from the infection."

"Oh," I reply, watching as he fixes a pillow behind the girls head. "What's her name?" I ask him and he pauses.

"Hazel. Her name is Hazel," he tells me with a content sigh, seeming relieved that I cared enough to ask. "There are some patients you never forget the name of," he tells me, looking down at an unconscious Hazel.

He removes a blonde strand of hair from her face before his face tightens and he looks up at the white wall in front of him. He takes a deep breath before pulling out a syringe and needle.