XII

"Jimin, get down from the monkey bars! We don't want you to die!" Jin jokingly calls out to the younger who's sitting on top of the playground equipment. The six of them are around a little campfire area that the park provides.

"I'll get him." Yoongi says with a small chuckle as he jogs over to his boyfriend, leaving five of them.

"I want a boyfriend. This is homophobic." Hoseok jokingly says, making the others laugh. "I get to watch all of you be all cute and I don't have anyone." He whines. Jungkook and Taehyung look at one another for a moment and softly smile, looking back at the fire.

"Wait, are you two dating?" Jungkook's cheeks heat up at the question Jin asks. Taehyung giggles, shaking his head. "Have you two kissed?" The group is silent before they 'oooo'.

"When was it?" Namjoon asks, curiously. Taehyung looks over at the younger who's leaning against him.

"A few weeks ago, the night we dyed our hair." The group teases, making Jungkook and Taehyung shy and smiley.

"How did it happen?" Hoseok asks. Taehyung chuckles at the question before answering.

"This dork was staring at me-"

"I was not staring!" Jungkook nudges Taehyung's shoulder, making their friends laugh.

"Okay," The older says with disbelief. "But he told me that I looked cute and so I told him he looked cute.. and then.. yeah." He shyly explains, cheeks hot. The older boys 'aw' as Yoongi and Jimin come back.

"That was so cute!" Jimin says, giggling as he sits down. Everyone softly smiles at the youngest two.

"I'm happy for you guys. You really seem to make each other happy." Everyone agrees with Namjoon as they nod along. The two shyly say their thank you's and then move on to a different subject.

"I had fun tonight." Jungkook tells Taehyung, holding his hand as the older drives them home. Taehyung smiles, glancing over.

"So did I." Jungkook stares at the older for a moment.

"Can I ask you something? And be honest." Taehyung glances at the younger with a confused expression.

"Of course you can. What is it?" Jungkook sighs, looking out the window before turning to him again.

"Are you annoyed that I'm not sure if I'm ready for a relationship?" Taehyung patiently shakes his head.

"Not at all, Koo. I told you I'll wait for you and I mean it." Jungkook mumbles something that the older can't quite hear as they pull into the parking lot. "What?" Taehyung asks, though Jungkook is quickly walking up the stairs.

"Nothing." Jungkook shakes his head and the two step inside.

"No, I want to know." The younger starts walking towards his room, but Taehyung gently grabs his wrist. "What was it?"

"I said it was nothing." He tries to pull away, but the older won't let go.

"Please."

"I said you can do better than me, okay?" Jungkook yanks his wrist out of Taehyung's grip, going towards his room.

"That's not true. You know that's not true." Taehyung softly tells the younger. Jungkook closes the door to his room, locking it. "Please don't do this." He begs against the door. "I know you can hear me. Just, please open the door." Taehyung listens to the younger sob in his room and slides down the door. "I'll sit here and wait for you, okay? Let me in when you're ready. I'll be here." Taehyung sighs before he thinks of something to say to calm Jungkook down. "I remember the first day we met, you were so shy and cute and I couldn't stop looking at you or listening to you giggle. Your eyes would shine when you saw something pretty and you stayed by me the whole time. Then when we'd facetime, you'd always do that thing where you'd scrunch your nose when I compliment you and you wear oversized hoodies because you think they're comfy so now you wear my hoodies and look adorable in them." Taehyung smiles to himself and takes note of the fact that Jungkook's sobs have died down to sniffles. "And when we cuddle and you nuzzle your head closer to me or when you start dancing to songs you like because it comes naturally to you. There's just so much about you to adore, Jungkook." He pauses in thought. "God, you make me so happy. I don't know if you're even listening to me right now. It's okay if you aren't, but if you are then just know I mean it when I say I like you."

Taehyung sits with his back against Jungkook's door until 4 in the morning, keeping himself awake by worrying about the younger for four hours. The door slowly cracks open and Taehyung quickly looks up. Jungkook opens the door all the way and Taehyung immediately pulls him into a hug which Jungkook melts into. "I thought you went to bed." The younger says with a raspy voice.

"I was waiting for you like I said I would." He pulls away and holds Jungkook's cheeks, rubbing his thumb as he analyzes his face. "Did you get any sleep?" He shakes his head. Taehyung frowns. "Why not?" He pushes a stray piece of hair out of his face.

"Just thinking."

"About what?"

"You." Jungkook finally makes eye contact with the older. "I like you so much, TaeTae." Taehyung's heart jolts at the nickname.

"I like you even more, Koo." Jungkook softly smiles.

"I, um.. Can I kiss you?" Jungkook asks, face heating up. Taehyung nods and the younger leans in and gently presses his lips against the older's before they pull away only for Jungkook to whisper, "Again?"

So they kiss again, a bit longer this time and with a few extra pecks. Taehyung's hands on the younger's cheeks and Jungkook's hands on his waist. When they pull away, they just marvel at each other for a moment before Taehyung speaks up. "You're the most beautiful person I've ever met." Jungkook smiles at the older.

"So are you." Jungkook cutely yawns making Taehyung giggle.

"Sleepy?" The younger chuckles.

"Yeah. It is like four in the morning." The two then lay down in Jungkook's bed and cuddle each other for a few minutes, not taking long before they're asleep.

A/N
YIKES ITS BEEN SO LONG IM SORRYBDJDHD HERE TAKE THIS