VIII

"The guys wanted to come over later if that's alright." Taehyung informs Jungkook as the two of them sit in a cafe. The younger is sipping on an iced latte while the older drinks hot cocoa; not caring that it's eighty degrees outside. Jungkook shrugs taking a sip.

"That's okay. Why wouldn't it be?" He giggles. Taehyung nervously smiles.

"I don't know," He nervously scratches the back of his neck. "I wasn't sure if you wanted them to know about what happened with your parents yet?" He softly says, not wanting to unintentionally hurt the younger. Jungkook scans Taehyung's face from across the table before looking down at his cup.

"I mean, I've been living with you for a week now. They'd need to find out one way or another, right?" He nervously says, glancing up. Taehyung sadly smiles.

"As long as you're comfortable and ready for them to know." Jungkook nods, anxiously biting his lip.

"I just don't want them to pity me or anything." He admits and Taehyung sets down his drink.

"They wouldn't. They aren't the type of people to be like that, alright?" Jungkook nods.

"What are we gonna do when they come over?" Taehyung shrugs.

"Probably watch YouTube or a movie, snack, talk, that type of stuff." Jungkook smiles.

"That sounds fun."

A few hours later the two are settled in the apartment and waiting for the other five to get there. Jungkook is getting out bags of chips and Taehyung is getting changed into more comfortable clothes. The door opens and two people walk inside; Yoongi and Jimin. Taehyung walks out of his room to greet them and Jungkook is immediately distracted by the older's outfit.

He's wearing a tightly fit black tee shirt paired with simple gray joggers, yet Jungkook continues to stare at him before shaking those thoughts out of his head and shifting his focus to the couple that just arrived. He gives them a hug and the four of them wait for the last three to get there. "Jungkook?" Taehyung says, making the younger look up. "Do you wanna hook your phone up to the speaker and play some music?" The brunette's face heats up.

"Are you sure? You guys might not like my music.." He fumbles with his phone looking unsure of himself.

"I like the music you've shown me, so I'm sure they would too." Jungkook softly smiles as he and Taehyung make eye contact before he gets up and connects his phone to the speaker.

"Oooo," Jimin teases.

"What?" Taehyung giggles, glancing over at Jungkook.

"You two seem to have been hanging out privately lately." Jungkook freezes, nervous. He knew he'd have to tell them what happened at one point, but he was scared. The front door opens and the other three walk in, laughing and greeting everyone. Jungkook goes up to Tae.

"I'll be right back." He quietly says, voice shaky as he starts to walk away. Taehyung lightly holds his wrist.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook nods, but his glossy eyes counter his actions as he walks away. Taehyung looks at his group of friends who have already started a conversation before heading to Jungkook's room. He walks inside and sees the younger taking deep breaths with his eyes closed. "Hey," Jungkook opens his eyes, continuing to take deep breaths as he paces.

"I'm okay. I just need a minute." He tells the older, trying to calm himself down. Taehyung nods. "You can go. I'll be there in a second."

"No, I'll stay until you feel better. They're all distracted anyway." The younger nods, continuing to pace and take deep breaths for a few moments before he turns to Taehyung.

"Okay. I think I'm good now." Tae hesitantly stands up, looking at the younger with worry.

"Are you sure? You can stay in here a little longer if you need to." Jungkook nods.

"I'm okay." Taehyung takes his hand.

"Alright, I'm here." He reminds the younger as they walk out of the room. Jin is the only one notices the two.

"What were you two doing?" He asks in a playful tone. The corners of Jungkook's mouth rise.

"I was helping him find something, that's all." Taehyung lies and Jungkook appreciates it. Jin shrugs it off and the two sit down on the couch joining in on the conversation until Jimin brings up his unanswered question from before.

"So, when have you two been hanging out without us, hm?" He looks between Jungkook and Taehyung with a smile. Jungkook fumbles with his thumbs.

"Oh, well.." He pauses and everyone gets quiet, anticipating his answer. "I've actually lived with him for this past week." The five look worried and interested.

"What? Why?" Namjoon nervously asks. Jungkook tears up, looking down at his lap. Taehyung takes his hand to comfort him, rubbing his thumb over the younger's.

"My, uh.. My parents were going to send me to a conversion place because I," A tear rolls down his cheek and he wipes it away. "I came out last Friday. So, I called Tae and he said I can stay here." The older friends are silent for a moment.

"You don't deserve that, Jungkook." Hoseok softly tells the youngest. Everyone agrees.

"Yeah, I'm glad you have somewhere to stay. We're always going to be here for you too." Jungkook sniffles as more tears roll down his flushed cheeks at their kind words.

"Aw, don't cry." Jin says, tearing up himself.

"Group hug!" Jimin announces and they all surround their youngest friend, giving him hugs and giggling. Taehyung made sure to be in front of the brunette so he could hold him closest.

Jungkook feels loved and that's more than he could ever ask for in this moment.