the warning

Most common encounter usually occurred in our neighborhood. Rural areas were mostly the den of this creature. During my High School life that was summer, my stepbrother invited me to their place just a couple of days. While we're on our way he kept telling me a story about a missing person and Aswang victims.

We arrive almost dusk and I'm so tired wanted to take some nap. After dinner my step-brod invited me to went to the funeral but I refused coz we have to cross the woods before reaching the place, so I decided to stay. No electricity just using a candle or lamp and the sound of a crickets occupied the darkness.

We chat with my stepmom while preparing to sleep. We're three in the room including her 2 years old grandson, I'd fell a slept unnoticed and soundly. I woke up in the middle of the night I heard a groaning voice in the corner where my stepmom sleeping, and the creepiest thing was watching her sitting and devouring something just like a hungry dog in a creepy figure of silhouette and it took a second or two before I lose my consciousness.

Next morning, I pretend nothing happened, as soon we finished our breakfast I went back home, and I kept the secret for more than two decades. It was horrible scene witnessing such thing, I thought it was only a myth, but they really exist!!! Now I remembered why my step-bro telling me those tales, simply to warned me the possibilities things might happened that day.

Note:  My step bro kept telling me!!!
1st he told me in their barrio there was a missing person, he had gone for more than 4 months they believe the person died already. One day a stranger came visited their place and he saw something and informed the bystander that there was a man lying on the road seems unconscious. They found out that this guy had been missing and all they know was just a log lying right next to the road.

2nd the Aswang community had its own feeding routine role, each member has the responsibility to distribute the ration to all the members as their fair share! Shocking reality but it happened!