Nightmare

During my HS encounter as I remember the old house we'd been rented, a compound occupied with various families. One of our neighborhood they were native from Capiz and the unusual thing was the red eyes of Manong Derek he's the head of the family and I possibly thought he was an Aswang. 

Just an ordinary day goes by in a daily routine as a naïve teenager full of wild and silly thoughts that puzzle everything...

It was weekend morning I'd heard the voice of our neighborhood chatting about their grandmother will arrive today or tomorrow.

Evening after diner I 'd washed the dishes   I'd heard the voice of an old woman perhaps their grandmother that they expecting in the morning.

We used to sleep the lights off then I'd saw in my dream a shadow came from the window gliding right next to me and formed into a human figured to an old woman with a long hair staring at me and I can't barely moved, she pointed her finger to my body and the pain goes on deep down to my bones, I'd screamed for help but voiceless came out to my mouth and I tried to struggled to woke myself out on this agony nightmare I'd trapped. Through prayers I overcome and woke up so scared.

Weekdays means school days again then one afternoon as I went home and before I get inside the house I took a glanced from the neighborhood I never expected what will I see on that moment...guess what? It was her the old woman in my dream she was standing inside their house watching on me as our eyes met, I'd greeted her I'd simply said " La short for Lola ( an elder woman or a grandmother) then heading straight to the door with enveloped fear...

Just to imagine  how coincidence it was...seeing her in my dream before meeting her personally its odd!!! I'd spoke to my mother about the nightmare and the old woman in our neighborhood she told me that old woman was surely an Aswang it was her manipulation to hunt me in my dreams.

Aswang prefer to haunt a weak and easy prey...Mostly if you're sleeping we become more vulnerable so prayers before going to bed is essential.