Foot Walk

Unforgettable encountered reminds me when I was 12 I think. It was late afternoon my mother asked me to fetched my younger sister in the neighborhood. I'd looked for her, all over the place where she played. Its getting dark soon and everyone's scared to pass near the Silk Cotton Tree.

As soon I found her, I told her to leave and Hurry up, Moms  waiting for us! She's upset, wanted to play, she complained. Without a single word to her friends she leave and walk fast straight back home, after a while we pass on a creepy tree.

Approaching near from the Silk Cotton Tree, but it seems she forgot that any moment were getting closed and I'm a bit scared, gladly we passed through safely. perhaps because she's upset that's why she didn't noticed the haunted tree. We're still in the middle on our way home and we're heading to a zigzag foot walk a half meter wide.

She's in front of me in a distance  around 4 meters but every time she made a turn I could no longer saw her. In one corner before I turn left I was shocked!!! their was an old womarn stood on my way she's having a pale white skin ,mitted hair, sharp eyes staring at me, Traditionally we greeted any adults we met specially in the evening so I greeted her "maayung gab-i "la" and walk straight rushingly away from her chasing my lil sister gasping with fear...I'd ask her if she met an old woman on her way? still she ignored me, then she replied, 'theirs no one else except us!' thats  frightened me to death and I stucked close to her walking till we got home.

If I don't greet that old woman perhaps she wresting me and I became a perfect meal. Meeting any adults specially in the evening, the effective weapon was a simple greeting...It shows whos the dominant we called this "dungan" in Ilonggo. Panicking show weakness or submission so having a company is better than being alone,