47 | Daisy and Alec

I stare deep into her beautiful, beautiful eyes and completely lose my train of thought. I uselessly open and close my mouth, but nothing seems to make its way out. My whole body has seemed to have turned to jelly. The hand that was once holding the slip of paper and flowers uselessly drops them onto the sidewalk, but I pay no mind to them.

"Alec? Is that...you?" She asks, looking up at me through her long eyelashes.

"I–uh–well–" Why can't I talk? What is happening to me?

"Answer me this, what is the name of the town in the movie Footloose, staring Kevin Bacon," Daisy asks slowly.

"Uhhhh, the name of the town...in the movie Footloose...Isn't that the name of the town? Footloose? Like, isn't that why the movie is called that?" I give her a confused look. What was the point of that question?

"Oh my god," she whispers, shaking her head.

Apparently she got what she was looking for because her face goes as white as a sheet.

"You–you're Alec," she states with shock written all over her face.

"And you're Daisy."

"And I'm, Daisy." She nods slowly.

I'm sure I look just as shocked as her. Not only because I found her, not only because I have now met her but because...

"You can't be Daisy," I snort.

"And why not?" she retorts, crossing her arms.

"Because...because you're too normal looking."

"What?" She scowls.

"Actually, you're beautiful. Stunningly, incredibly beautiful."

Her face softens as her mouth drops open slightly.

"But you only have one head," I state bluntly.

"As opposed to..."

"Three. And you're supposed to look like one of those witches from that movie, uh, Pocus Hocus. You know like with the buck teeth and those crazy eyes."

Daisy squints at me for a second then bursts out laughing.

"How in the hell do you get the movie Hocus Pocus wrong? It's two words!"

"Eh, I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right, I'd say I did pretty well," I smirk.

"You got it wrong!"

She lets out another long line of laughter. Her laugh...it sounds even better in person. Its sweet, smooth, soft, cute and melodious. It's perfect, along with her smile. I knew it was Hocus Pocus, but I'd do and say absolutely anything to see her smile.

She lets her laugh fall as she tucks a blonde curl behind her ear with a lopsided smile drawn on her face.

"You seem...different...in a good way," I quickly add. "It could be because I've never met you in person but..."

"Yeah, I feel different. I am different, actually. Well, at least since we last talked," Daisy sighs and looks at the ground.

"It's been a while, huh?"

"Yeah...It's felt like ages really..." She looks back up with her lopsided smile. "Listen I–"

"Hey so–"

We both start talking at the same time, making us pause and chuckle awkwardly.

"You talk–"

"You can go–"