18 | Freesia

"Alec—"

"Freesia, freesia, freesia!"

"Alec, listen, I'm really not in the mood right now."

"What's wrong? Wait, oh my god it sounds like you were crying."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Oh yes, you do. Everyone ALWAYS wants to talk about it. Just talk and I'll listen."

"Well, I'm taking a gap year next year because I need it. I want to read my books and I want to travel, I mean that's what a gap year is for."

"Right."

"But everyone is making me feel so bad about it. Like every time I tell them that I'm taking a gap year then they say, 'aw yeah that's ok'. Like what the hell? I know it's ok that's why I'm doing it! I don't need them to tell me it's ok."

"No."

"But after a while, it starts to get to me. Like there must be a reason why everyone is telling me it's ok, like that I am being weak and slow for not going right to college."

"No, of course not! Look I know I said I would listen but I hate hearing you cry and I need to say this."

"Ok."

"There is a reason why a gap year is a thing, it's because many people need it and do it. Also, all of those people, even though they don't show it, are jealous of you! They wish they could take that time for themselves but they can't."

"Yeah..."

"Plus I think taking a gap year is a great idea."

"Are you just saying that because you're taking a gap year?"

"Well yeah, but also because this is a great time to be alive and happy!"

"Oh no, is this another one of those 'life is short' speeches?"

"Hell no! This is a 'life is long so take that opportunity to fill it up with beautiful things' speech!"

"Ya know Alec, we make a good team."

"I couldn't agree more freesia."

"Why on earth do you sound so out of breath?"

"I'm out of breath because whenever I have to come up with one of my amazing inspirational speeches I start pacing. It just helps me think."

"You call that a speech? And an inspirational one?"

"Hey it worked didn't it? Just give me this one!"

"Ok, ok! It was very inspirational Alec, thank you."

"I'm glad you finally appreciate my abilities."

"Yes, you are oh so amazing."

"And..."

"And very inspirational?"

"Already said that. And..."

"Alec, I don't know what else to say!"

"How about 'you are extremely and insanely attractive to the point where it was thought impossible to be this good looking!'"

"Hey, I've never seen you so therefore I can't judge how attractive you are!"

"I guess that's true...but you don't need to see someone to know how attractive they are."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, I mean I know you're beautiful. Plain and simple."

"Uh...why would you say that?"

"Well first of all your voice is beautiful, so theres the first hint. A lot of the things you say are beautiful, so theres the second one. And I just know that you are a truly pure and beautiful person."

"Wow. I don't know what to say..."

"You don't have to say anything, I just thought you should know."

"Well, thank you. Uh, I have to go run some errands."

"Alrighty talk to you later, bye freesia."

....................................

"He thinks I'm beautiful. And he doesn't even know what I look like."