Chapter 9 - Tomorrow and together

After the ride home

The adults told us to gather upstairs again but with constant warning on how we should avoid sensitive subjects.

Taehyung holds my hand tightly as we climb the stairs, as to say 'I'll never let you down'. I weave a sigh and stop on my track making everyone else stop with me.

"Guys, you don't have to be so quiet around me, it makes me feel worse, and stop being all tensed up, we'll just have a fun hang out alright?" I speak, tired of the deafening silence, and not to mention the - oh-so-unusual - look He is giving me.

"We're just scared to loose you-" Hyunjin blurts, catching everyone off guard.

I stare at him with shock, trying to process what he just said.

"He's right.." Adds Jisung.

"That was..unexpected." I blurt out accidentally, but Hyunjin just flashes me a sad smile.

'Is he suffering too?' I ask myself as my heart drops at the sight of him, an unusual genuine feeling washes through my body.

Dahyun suddenly grabs my free arm and pulls me away from Tae, making him frown.

"Sorry but I have some business with her and Jinnie." She says while grabbing Hyunjin too.

"Yah!! No!" Tae retorts loudly.

"J-jinnie?" Hyunjin asks with light pink cheeks.

"We're gonna start calling you that 'cause Hyunjin is too long and you're officially a member of the group anyways." Dahyun explains while pulling us both to my room.

"Hyunie, why did you drag us here?"

"Sit down both of you." She commands, ignoring my question.

I slowly sit at the edge of the bed and Hyunjin decides to sit on the floor.

"What is it?" I ask her impatiently.

"First off, I'm gonna be honest and straightforward with you two, so bear with me for a while." She tells us wih a serious tone.

"O-okay..?"

"So, I've noticed that there's something heavy between you two, I can't grasp it but I know there's something that makes you distant from each other. Care to tell me?" She flashes both of us a grave stare.

"I don't.....kn-"

"I kinda made a mistake at school...and maybe I scared her away...I'm sorry it's just the way I am.." Hyunjin suddenly speaks up and I gulp.

"What mistake are you talking about? And how did you even scare her away?" Dahyun asks, puzzled.

"Well...you didn't make a mistake...you just asked the class a favor...but just in a very cold way...I think the whole class is scared of you right now." I speak slowly, still scared of his reaction.

"But-- I was the reason why you fainted, if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have gotten in such critical situation!" He suddenly yells making me and Dahyun stumble backwards.

"I-i don't understand..." Dahyun utters.

"I'm a terrible person! I'm not good for health! That's what you need to understand! I'm useless and cold--like they say!" He spits out with anger and stands up.

"H-hyunjin..." I stutter.

What is this that I'm feeling right now, sympathy?

He looks down, hyperventilating and to our surprise, a tear drops on the wooden floor.