Chapter 5: Making Him Fall

I'm really sorry for not updating yesterday but it was a really difficult day for my entire family. I hope you like the next chapter. Also, if anyone has any ideas as to ways for Hayden and Eliza to get closer please comment.

Enjoy...

Eliza's POV

Second day of school. Uhhh... I really hoped we wouldn't be here, but, after finding out that Hayden already knew about us being assassins, I must admit that I am slightly intrigued. Why didn't he shoot us when he first found out? Why didn't he kill us at the drug deal? Why did he want to call the truce last night, then not ask any questions to find out weakness? Maybe he found all this amusing. Maybe he was always bored out of his mind like I often was and actually enjoyed this a little. These questions, and many others, had been spiralling around my brain all night, preventing me from finding sleep. None the less, I got up and got ready for school.

I headed down just at 7:30 to see Lily busy in the kitchen, cooking breakfast!

"Lily! Lily, step away from the bacon!" I shouted, first quite urgently but then calming down. Well, externally anyway. Inside, I was praying that nothing was broken, burned or destroyed.

"It's okay. The last time I tried cooking was like two years ago." She began to explain, before I interrupted her.

"One year, seven months, nine days" I checked my phone "Twelve hours and seventeen seconds. And you burned the house down - a house worth $2 million may I add!"

Lily stayed silent for a while and when she spoke it was so quiet that I had to strain to hear her. "Starbucks." Then she marched out the door.

We arrived at school with five minutes to spare.

"Hey, what happened with Owen last night?" I asked, suddenly wondering why I hadn't asked her before now.

"Not much..." She drew off, almost uncertain with how she was meant to continue. "He, well, really liked the bike and so we went round the town then I dropped him home."

"It was a long drive through town." I mocked, jokingly. "I didn't even hear you come in!"

In reality I did, but it was very late so it was plausible that I was asleep.

"The bell's about to go. We should head to class." She said, changing the subject - not that I wouldn't return to it. She should make the most of her little toy - we didn't have to kill him, just his best friend and leader.

We made our way to Maths, our first subject today. I hadn't been in school for most of yesterday as I really couldn't be bothered and decided to fake being sick, so this was my first proper day of lessons.

As we walked in I suddenly felt rather small. A extremely tall but skinny man, wearing a bright yellow and black shirt, black waistcoat and red boots as well as an earring stood at the front of class.

"Hello, I'm Mr Marshall. I am your Maths teacher. Please sit anywhere you like and we will begin in a moment." He said smiling broadly. He didn't seem like most teachers, strict and dull. Suddenly Maths wasn't at the top of my 'lessons to skip list'. Oh wait... it's back up there.

Just as Lily and I had taken our seats at the front of class (we were still pretending to be nerds - just with an attitude and better sense of dress), Hayden walked in.

I should probably start the whole 'make him fall for me' plan. It didn't seem as if he was the sort to fall for the girls who worshipped him. No. They were good for one thing and one thing only. I had to play hard to get.

I stared at him as the teacher repeated his welcoming speech and eventually he turned to face me. I immediately looked away, rolling my eyes. With any luck, he would think his presence was already annoying me and would sit next to me to simply escalate it.

As predicted, Hayden, closely followed by Owen and Cody who both happened to be in this class, sauntered towards our table, smirking.

Lily budged up, intending to pull me along with her to ensure we weren't surrounded by them, as we had sat, rather stupidly, in the centre two seats on a row of four. However, I was stopped from changing seats also by Owen who speedily sat in the now vacant chair. Hayden sat next to me and Cody pulled up a chair, sitting at the end of the row.

The teacher, like yesterday, didn't dare question their motions and began teaching the lesson.

I didn't bother to listen to whatever boring facts he was spouting. Just because he dressed kinda bonkers didn't stop him from being a maths teacher - the dullest of all professions.

(I don't really mean this. I actually really like maths and my maths teacher - who does dress like this - is a really brilliant teacher it just doesn't fit with Eliza's personality to have her interested in the lesson.)

Hayden started talking in my ear, quiet enough for only me, and maybe Owen, who sat next to me, to hear.

"Are you still pretending to be a little nerdy brain box, Ms Smith?" He whispered, his breath tickling my neck.

I leaned over to him, ready to whisper in his ear and returned "Who said I was pretending?Assassins can be super brainy and smart."

"Firstly, remember the file I have on you. Yeah it says in there. Plus, answering a question with another question. Isn't that a bit low?" He leaned in once again to whisper.

"That is a question." I mumbled, not bothering to lean in and only then did I realise that the whole class was watching our conversation in silence, trying to catch a piece of our words.

We stayed in silence the whole lesson until the very end when Hayden said "I checked your timetable and we have every lesson today together! I will walk you to Spanish."

My day just doubled in length but, on the plus side, our plan seemed to be well and truly in motion.

Well there is the next chapter. Sorry I didn't write it yesterday.

What do you think of Hayden and Eliza?

What do you think of Lily and Owen (Lowen?)?

And what about Cody, the mysterious one?

Also, in about two or three chapters you might find out Hayden's secret!

Hope you are looking forward to the next chapter and remember to vote and comment!