Chapter 9 - Bound by Blood

Start from the beginning

Clary pulled him down, flipping over to hover on top of him.

Simon looked slightly surprised. "Oh. Okay..."

Clary chuckled.

Kaylin and Jace walked inside, looking around.

Clary and Simon didn't notice them.

Clary helped him take his shirt off.

They chuckled, kissing.

Jace and Kaylin looked up to the canoe.

Clary threw Simon's shirt to the side, hitting Jace as it fell down.

Kaylin smirked, placing her hand on her mouth.

Jace was annoyed.

Clary and Simon kissed.

(End of Song)

Jace looked to a car, walking closer, honking the horn, making Clary and Simon pull away to look over.

"Jace, Kaylin," Simon told them. Kaylin smirked, waving sarcastically. "Hey."

Clary smiled nervously.

Jace shook his head. "What the hell are you doing? I--You know what? Don't answer that." Simon and Clary started to get up. Jace was hurt and annoyed. Simon and Clary jumped down, standing in front of Kaylin and Jace. Jace looked from them to Kaylin. "You still didn't tell me why you two are here without someone with you."

"Jace, it's okay," Clary told him. "We're safe here."

Jace grabbed Simon's shirt, throwing it to Simon. "Until Valentine stops hunting you and Kay, the only place you're safe is the Institute."

Simon looked offended. "Really? "I'm not sure you actually know how hiding works. The whole point is to, um, not be where everyone thinks you are. Trust me, I'm kind of an expert."

Simon put on his shirt.

"For an expert, you were pretty easy to find," Jace told him. He looked at Kaylin and Clary. "Just be thankful I got to you two before the Circle did."

Simon shrugged. "I'm not afraid of them. I've been working on my fighting skills."

Jace scoffed. "Oh, really? You wanna take this outside and give these fight skills a test run?"

"Anytime," Simon told him, walking past them to the door. He stopped, turning around to look at Jace. "As soon as the sun goes down."

"Guys, we can handle our--" Kaylin started.

Kaylin heard a skin burning, yelping in pain, looking down at her hand.

Clary, Simon and Jace turned to her.

Kaylin's finger was turning slowly black.

Jace, Clary and Simon quickly stood next to her.

"What the hell?" Clary asked.

"What's wrong?" Simon asked.

Kaylin breathed heavily, in pain. "I don't know."

Her fingers were turning black.

"What is that?" Simon asked.

Kaylin gasped in pain.

----/----

There was a closeup of Clary's runes on her shoulders and chest, while there was a closeup of Isabelle's runes on her arms, and her snake bracelets.

There was a closeup of Kaylin waving her stele over the runes on her arms.

Ruelle: "We're coming."