Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

September 14, 1973

My birthday is today! I am finally 21. I got out of bed to find Jimmy in the kitchen making breakfast. Well, trying, at least. After he burned the waffles, I took over and made us a huge meal. I didn't get a "Happy birthday" or anything from Jimmy, he just acted as though it was any other day. After I cleaned the dishes and went to take a bath, Jimmy told me to hurry, saying I was going out. "Where are we going?" I ask. "Not us, my dear, you and a few of your friends. Robert and Bonzo are coming over, and we don't want you eavesdropping on us," Jimmy said with a smirk. I knew he was planning something.

So I got dressed quickly and went downstairs, finding Jonesy, Keith, and Pete in the living room with Jim. Over the past few weeks, I became good friends with The Who, especially Keith, who always qas trying to get me in trouble. Kind of like a little brother.

I kissed Jimmy before we all got in Pete's car and he drove us around London. The three showed me around, taking me to parts of London I hadn't yet been to. We had lunch at a small cafe, then we went back home. I saw several cars parked on the grounds of the Tower House, and raised my eyebrows at John, who I was sitting in the backseat with. He just shrugged. John helped me out of the car, and then ran with Keith into the house. I rolled my eyes. Of course I knew what was coming, a big surprise party, right? But as I unlocked the front door, letting Pete and myself in, there was no surprise. Keith and Jonesy were gone, and there was no sign of Jimmy, or the guests to whom the cars belonged.

"Pete, what's--" I started.

"Come on, its in the backyard," Pete took my arm and led me through the kitchen to the backdoor. When he opened it for me, letting me through first, I saw Jimmy, the rest of Zeppelin, The Who, and a few wives and kids. They all were talking amongst themselves, not noticing me until Pete yelled, "We got company!!" And everyone came and surrounded me, wishing me happy birthday. I smiled and thanked them as they came, I saw Rog, Keith, all three Johns, Robert, Maureen, Rob's wife, Mo, Carmen, Jonesy's girls, and a whole slew of other people. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but Pete stayed close to me.

The yard was covered in decorations, streamers, a Zeppelin logo, a Who logo (with a white handprint in the middle, no doubt that Keith was there), and I saw a giant cake with black, blue, and red frosted stripes and bows. On top said, "Happy birthday, Erin!" In white. I saw on the back, just a very small tracing in the frosting, Jimmy's symbol was there. I smiled, remembering when we were in the hotel together, how he traced it on the mirror.

I looked around for Jimmy but couldn't find him. So, I mingled. Not exactly one of my strong suits, but, at least I knew everyone. I purposely stayed away from Robert and Mo, knowing it would just be awkward for him and me. But I had plenty of other people to talk to. When Bonzo lit the 21 candles on the cake, I still didnt see Jimmy. I was getting worried, but pushed it aside when Pete announced presents. And boy, did I get a lot.

Roger got me a scarf, like one I saw him wear once, Pete gave me The Who's first album, My Generation, which I remember telling him that my own copy was back in San Francisco. John and his wife gave me a set of baby pajamas with The Who's logo on them. I can just imagine my baby wearing it, and I smiled. Keith, of course, putting much thought into his gift, gave me a box of chocolate (cravings, y'know?), and a jar of pickles (along with chocolate, pickles were the other thing I craved).

From Jonesy and Maureen, a picture frame set and a Paul Simon record. Bonzo got me a bottle of Jack Daniels, for when I could drink again (He is always so thoughtful), and Robert gave me a picture of Led Zeppelin, one where they're all smiling, Jonesy giving Jimmy rabbit ears while Robert crossed his eyes. Bonzo had a shot glass in his hand, looking like he didnt know what was going on. I remember one time I was in Robert's dressing room and I saw this picture, saying how much I loved it. He actually remembered.

Then I finally saw Jimmy. He was standing in the doorway, watching with a smile on his face. He had something in his hand and I saw hI'm mouth, "Come here."

A/N: Suspense xD Ill update again tomorrow probably(actually today, because it is 12:10 am)