Chap 28: Forever The Hermit

Começar do início

I push my untouched plate away and stand up, ordering calmly, "Take my hand and close your eyes."

Kamilla jumps to her feet and does as I've said, her expression distrusting.
"Good. Now I'm going to open myself to you and let you feel where my magic comes from." I picture one of the many doors to the Dark Dimension in vivid detail and briefly project the image into her mind.

"First you will feel my unique magic, it might feel ice-cold and slippery to you, but it should also be soothing. However, if you press deeper, you'll discover that it's entangled with magic from the Dark Dimension. And this magic will burn as it erupts in violent spurts." I pause, "Can you feel it Little Witch?"

Kamilla's brows are furrowed for a moment, then she suddenly gasps in awe.
"Yes, I feel it!"

"Perfect, now let your mind follow that magical tether and trace it back to its roots. I've anchored it permanently to the dark dimension, so once you follow it back to its source, you can begin syphoning its magic."

I watch her carefully as she concentrates, her eyes squeezed shut. I have no doubt that she'll be able to find her way to my magical anchor in the Dark Dimension. With my magic strengthening hers, she should be able to reach the other side without getting lost.

"I see an ancient looking wooden door." Kamilla murmurs excitedly without opening her eyes.

"Excellent. Now put your hands on the door and pull on the source of the magic, then return to your body."

A few moments later Kamilla's eyes flutter open and she releases my hand, "Woah! That was crazier than an acid trip!"

I chuckle, "Just wait until we find something strong enough to open the door, it's even crazier inside."

"I know I didn't leave this dimension, but that was wild." She adds with a reckless grin. "I feel so much stronger already. All this power running through me... I mean what a fucking rush!!"

I stifle a smile, ignoring her giddy, childlike reaction. "You can syphon as much of this magic as you like. But keep in mind, the more you use, the more you draw attention to yourself. And it will be better for us both, if we do not catch Dormammu's attention."

Kamilla's smile fades and she nods somberly, "Right. Of course. That would be bad."

"You can use this energy to prevent aging or you can use it whenever you're casting a particularly difficult spell. Either way, it's best to use it sparingly, do you understand?"

"You got it Il Capitano." Kamila gives me a mock salute and grins playfully.

I sigh wearily, "This isn't a game Kamilla, don't make me regret teaching you this."

"I won't I promise."

I nod, feeling satisfied, "Now to conjure something from nothing, you simply picture the item vividly in your mind, fully understanding the objects ins and outs. Then you draw on that magical tether and use the power of the Dark Dimension to manifest it."

"Alrighty then." Kamilla replies eagerly before shutting her eyes once again. A few seconds later a loaf of warm bread appears hovering in the air. Kamilla's eyes snap open excitedly and she snags the bread from the air and hugs it tightly to her chest.

"Oh my god, I did it!" She exclaims leaping in the air while inhaling the warm scent of the freshly baked bread. She takes a bite of the bread and adds, "God I've missed this stuff!"

I clear my throat, feeling perturbed by her childish lack of good manners.

She freezes, "Oh I'm sorry, did you want some?"