ch 13 || month five

your pov

I'm about five months now. I've been laying so low. Nick and I have barely spoken since Alexys got to town. She's supposed to be leaving this morning which is perfect timing since later on, I have an appointment to check on the baby's progress and find out the gender.

Edwin has been my best friend through all of this. He's kept me in the loop while everything has been going on and he's been helping me pre-record like crazy so I don't get too big to film. Lately, I've been turning into a beauty channel since there's only so much I can do.

Anyways, I'm super excited to find out what the baby's going to be. Ansley and y/bff/n planned a gender reveal for tomorrow with the boys, other close friends, and some immediate family members on both sides that are flying in tomorrow morning for the weekend. Maybe things will feel normal again... or at least as normal as this situation can be. 

I got ready for my appointment, I looked at myself in the mirror and realized I'm really starting to look pregnant.

(your outfit)

I texted Nick that I was heading out, we agreed to meet there later. He didn't respond at first but I didn't think anything of it. 

I got to the appointment and still no text back from Nick. At this point, I was annoyed so I shot him another text letting him know I'm here.

still. nothing. 

My name got called by a nurse and I sighed deeply coming to terms with the fact Nick wasn't there, and I was completely alone. 

...

After the appointment, I stopped by the PM house to drop off the envelope with the gender of the baby to Ansley, who just so happened to be there.

I walked in since Ansley told me the door was unlocked, she and Austin were on the couch watching some anime show Austin was really into.

She brightened up when she saw me, she's been so excited about this baby.

She stood up and greeted both me and my belly.

"Where's Nick? Is he still in the car?" She asked looking over my shoulder expecting him to walk in behind me. 

"Actually, he ditched me, I was by myself during the appointment," I said causing her smile to drop. 

And right on cue, Nick walks in. I turned around and made eye contact with him. He was going to open his mouth to say something but I quickly interrupted his thought.

"I gotta go, I'll see you guys tomorrow." and with that, I walked out, brushing past Nick.

...

the next day

Nick tried to reach out to me but eventually gave up. Edwin tried to ask if I was okay but I was short with him. I honestly just want to get this gender reveal over with so I could go back to never leaving my bed.