𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1: 𝕴𝖐𝖍𝖆🌤

Xena took a step back and caught her opponent's arm mid-air. She twisted it and her opponent crumbled to the floor. Her opponent leaped back up and kicked her in the face, "Is that all you got Princess?"

Xena howled in pain and coddled her chin in her hand. That hurt way more than she would care to admit. Her blood was pounding, and she could taste the mix of blood and saliva in her mouth. She spat on the floor and circled left, going in for a quick jab. Her opponent dived right and Xena saw someone entering the room out of the corner of her eye. Her eyes were tearing up and her vision was blurred. She needed to win this session.

Xena let out a scream and tackled her opponent back to the ground breathlessly. She took out her dagger, Sabule, that was stored away in her shoe. She took the scabbard off and pressed the butt of Sabule on her opponent's neck. Her opponent chuckled and smiled in approval, moving Sabule away from her face, "Well done Ms. Jade. I think that's all for today."

Xena got up and pushed her black curls out of her face. She gasped for air and helped her opponent up as well. They bowed to each other and exchanged pleasantries. She loved the fact that her sessions were so brutal. It was amazing to have finally found a sparing teacher that didn't baby her. Ms. Rania went easy on her, but she let her have it at times. Xena waved her out the door, "I'll see you next week Ms. Rania."

She glanced around and started tidying up The Battle Room, which is what she preferred to call it. It was on the bottom floor of the castle and didn't have any windows. The walls were painted with yellow and green stripes. There were weapons on all the walls and the floor was covered with a special mat that softened the fall, everything about it just screamed Battle Room. Xena crouched down and picked up the abandoned swords they were using at the beginning of the fight and hung them on the wall. Training day was by far her favorite part of the week. It had been minutes since the fight, but she still felt the adrenaline coursing through her. It was exhilarating.

She turned to face Imani, the Queen's third advisor. She had been waiting patiently for some time now, "Yes?" Xena asked, acknowledging her.

Imani bowed her head a little, "Your mother asked you to take over her activities for the day. She and all the other advisors, myself included, will be occupied until further notice. An urgent matter has risen."

"Really, like what?"

Imani dropped her voice and looked around before speaking, "The Ikha has been reported stolen."

Xena took a step back. The Ikha was gone? How was that even possible?

"Do you know who stole it?" she asked, trying to get a read on Imani's face. She looked worried, and there were bags under her eyes. Xena had always thought of Imani as an aunt or a respected elder. It was weird seeing her so off guard, so vulnerable.

The Ikha was the symbolic message of peace between the four realms and was guarded day and night. The small sphere was passed around between the realms on occasion and had been signed by the founders. It was about twice the size of her hand and was painted in accordance with the flags of the realms. Xena herself had only seen it a handful of times, that's how guarded it was. She couldn't believe it was gone.

Imani shook her head, "Your mom is having dozens of people try to trace the Ikha, but it's so sacred, no one thought to put a tracker on it. We think that a gang in the Fifth Realm may have taken it."

Xena nodded trying to take it all in. It didn't make any sense to her though. Why would the Fifth Realm steal the Ikha? They had done nothing but help them! And how did they get in Everstan anyway?

Imani cleared her throat, "Your mother is booked for the day and so are the rest of the advisors. She asked that you fill in for her. She had a graduation to attend, and an unscheduled visit to the nearby farm. It's not her usual workload, a bit odd if you ask me, but regardless, she wants you to get on it."