The moment those soldiers heard those words they shivered in fear. They never took him quite seriously and only ever sneered at him with malicious comments.

In all honesty, he was the main reason why they ever won every battle.

Now, they had their act together realizing that if they don't do as they're told they will instead die by his hands.

With their heads high, they became unified under one man and fought bravely with all they had.

Charging through the fields on his horse, the 3rd prince roared as he cut down every Jin soldier he came across.

At every corner, everyone had their own battles.

Li Dai was holding his ground as 20 men surrounded him completely.

The General along with his own were fending off the enemies from reaching further into the camp.

On the other hand, the prince lead the frontlines taking down anyone that dared to cross him.

Hours passed, bring a new day and the end of a battle. This was the last and the bloodiest one in all 18 years.

The man leading this attack on the main camp, was the General and 2nd prince of the Jin Kingdom.

With no arms left to fight, the war ended with heavy casualties on both ends. The 2nd of the Jin Kingdom was also killed, leaving everything at that and not wanting to loose anything more.

By evening, all the soldiers finally were able to return home after the long war.

The king cried in agony and horrid pain.

In that solemn room, lied the lifeless body of Ha Lee who died just hours ago. Her body lied on its back, face hollow, and hands so thin the bones peaked through.

"My Crown Princess, you couldn't have died right? You're just sleeping aren't you?" he laughed maniacally with tears streaming.

Liang and Shing watched from behind as the King broke down. 

Liang simply scoffed at the situation not wanting anything to do with it while Shing seemed almost distraught.

His face held remorse at her death.

"Your Majesty.....what would you like us to do with her body?" Shing asked coldly.

The King sniffled, "At dusk, bring her to my chambers. We shall have her rest somewhere."

Liang looked disgusted at his request while Shing simply nodded, feeling nothing.

He felt numb after all of this.

"....Yes, Your Majesty."

After a week's passed, the soldiers have returned back to the capital. The town's people cheered at their victory and the end of the war. Most of these were for the 3rd prince whose victories were heard far and wide.

"Your Highness is truly great!"

"Your Highness, not even the heaven's shall touch you!"

"Your Highness will hold a promising future!"

As Yusheng's horse walked through those crowds alongside the General and Li Dai, he then remember he had to do something.

The prince turned to his friend, "Make sure Ning is stationed at my palace. I will be back in a while." he told him before scurrying off.

Before the General's son could even say anything, he had already left. He just gave a huffed laughter at his actions and carried on.

Quickly, his horse galloped through the streets. His expression was filled with delight, ready to see that face.

However, just as he turned the corner, his heart dropped.

What he came to see was a burned down Manor.

"Ha Lee...."

At the palace, his attendants told him the news he had not heard of that occurred months ago. He went into a state of denial and shock.

Li Dai who still remained at the palace, approached his friend slowly. As he came closer and closer, he could feel the energy he gave off.

He's never seen him like this before.

Reaching him, his hand rested on his back not knowing what to say. The prince held in his hands the box and eyes that looked at the table where his arms rested.

"......Hey, it's not real right?" he said with a shaking voice.

Li Dai was silent.

The prince turned around to his friend with swollen eyes, cheeks red, and face a sobbing mess.

"When I wake up it will have just been a dream.....right?"

Li Dai couldn't answer except say two words.

"I'm sorry."

The moment he heard those words, he truly fell apart. His head fell heavily onto the table's surface.

His cries were painful.

They couldn't stop.

"I'M SO SORRY I COULDN'T COME BACK ON TIME! I'M SO SORRY. I'M SORRY I COULDN'T SAVE YOU!!!" he screamed in agony.

Li Dai also couldn't help but tear up. This sight was something almost unnatural and heart wrenching.

The only thing he could do to help his friend was be there for him.
.
.
.