The Last Chapter

"Hey, thank you, Emma, for forcing me to meet my father. It felt like a burden has been lifted over my shoulder."

"Don't thank me, thank your father. He had always supported you from distance. I think he felt sorry for what he did in your teenage years."

"Yes, He told me about it. You are great, Emma to convert my father like this."

"Don't try to sugarcoat me. I am not going to India with you. Go alone."

"Please come on!"

"Never!"

Benji boarded the flight, next evening as he had to attend the farewell.

"Hi, sweetie-pie."

"Don't say anything. I don't know why I always say yes to your decisions."

"Because you can't say no to your heart."

"Very funny. Go to sleep now."

{Next day during farewell}

"Benji, you are looking so good."

"Simran, I told you to never talk to me again."

"I am sorry, Benji."

"Don't say sorry to her, Simran. He can't remain angry with his friends. Let us go and eat something rather being getting bored with him."

Emma winked at her and grabbed both of her friend's hand.

"Your girl is on fire today. She even took Elena with her."

"I heard you and Elena are dating now. At last, The cry pants dared to ask her out."

"It is all due to you, sir. I thought that I should tell her about my feelings for her before it is too late. Moreover, you being not here gave me ample opportunity."

"If you ever hurt her or made her cry, I promise I will fade you away from your existence."

"Same goes for you. Emma is my love's sister so you get the basic idea."

"Nice. Elena, why did you left me with this idiot? He is making me bored."

"I was about to say the same thing, you dumbass."

Emma grabs Simran and takes her to the bathroom, as she didn't know the school.

"Hey Simran, Thank you."

"Don't thank me for what I didn't do."

"I like you, very much."

"I still hate you. In reality, I can never like you as you stole the only person I trusted from my life but just for him, I will be your pretend friend."

"That is great too. Don't worry I will try my best to make you my friend."

"I know you are a bitchy person but there is something that those three can see which I can't. For that, I will try to improvise myself."

"I don't like you but love you now. You look hot thinking too much"

Simran uses sign language to tell her to take care of Benji while going back.

"What? You learned sign language too. See I told you, You love me too." Emma put her phone inside and started laughing

"It is just for improvising myself."

Simran smiled thinking about it but stops smiling when she saw Benji standing at doorsteps.

"Hey, Emma, What took you so long?"

"We were just goofing around. You know Simran knows sign language too."

"I don't care." Benji just looked in another direction to ignore Simran.

"You should care because I am going home now. She will be your dance partner and if you don't dance with her."

Emma just winked and moved toward the direction of the exit of the school leaving behind dumb stricken benji.

"Benji, I didn't tell her to do anything like that. If you want, we can just sit on the staircase."

"It is okay. Who is your dance partner today?"

"Elena but she said she will be with Dheer."

"They planned it all along. You know you should care about your life too."

"Okay! I know"

All four of them start dancing

"I am sorry, Benji."

"Don't be. I had already forgiven you."

"Thank you"

"Why are you saying thanks when I should say thank you."

"I hurt you. You are using sarcasm as your tool now."

"I am serious."

"I thought that I had lost my only friends."

"How can we ever lose you? You are the best. You are the person who brought all of us back on track."

"How?"

"I always thought that it was my responsibility to protect her and in the way, I lost the will to live myself. I had given up upon my life and focused solely on her. Due to you, I got that we both can't be happy caring for just each other but we have cared for our self too. Love had become contagious for us and we were suffering from it without knowing about it. You saw right through us and acted irrationally in my favour without thinking about the results. I thank you again, Simran."

"I don't like this version of you. You are better with your halfwit jokes."

Both started laughing while dancing.

"At last, we all are together again. Let us click a picture to honour this occasion."

Elena grabbed all of them together and started taking photos.

"Forgetting something,"

"Can I join you guys too?" Rajiv said while looking at Simran

Emma laughed joining their photo session while pulling Rajiv with them  

"How can we forget something who continuously pesters everyone?"

Simran joins in her laugh and pulls her into the group photo.

"Thank you, Emma."

"Friends never say Thank you, Simran."

"Friends"

Dheer muttered the last words looking at them and started smiling. At last, He got what he wanted all his life. They were the most idiotic bunch of people whom he could never get bored of and could trust more than himself. He felt calmness and rejoice in his heart looking them smiling. Tears began to roll out of his eyes so he just cleaned them and joined his friends. Elena just looked at him and quickly kissed on his cheeks. 

THE END