"How could I not be afraid? He has a constant temptation." I say quietly, more to myself than to her.

"If you're so worried about him hurting you, why bother giving him a second chance?" She furrows her brows as she becomes somewhat frustrated. "Don't waste his time or yours if you're not going to be invested in the relationship, Vicky. You both deserve better than that."

I feel like a child being lectured for doing something wrong. She's the one who convinced me to give him a second chance. If she knows me so well, why did she think I could do this relationship?

"It's been two years Vicky." She says. "If he wanted to be with Grace, don't you think he would be by now? I'm sorry if I'm prying into your relationship, but it's so obvious the two of you should be together. Colton was a very sweet and loving boy, but you and Aaron just click. New York City is huge. The probability of you two running into each other was extremely unlikely, and yet here you are. Call it fate, or destiny, or whatever, but clearly the universe wants you two together. So, stop fighting your emotions and let yourself enjoy the life you two are building together."

I sigh as I lean back in my seat. She's right. I'm suppressing my feelings for Aaron because I'm afraid. But my fear is the only thing protecting me. I can't be one hundred percent sure Aaron won't leave me again. Not after leaving me for her once, and especially not now that he's considering letting her move in with him. I just don't know if he deserves my trust yet.

*Aaron*

I slip into the kitchen to take Grace's call. Once out of earshot, I lean against the kitchen counter as I listen to Grace complain about her parents and explain Sophie's tablet and cellphone situation.

"I really hate that they did this without asking us first." Grace sighs. "It's not like we can give them back. Not only would my parents refuse to take them back, but Sophie would be devastated. You should have seen how happy she looked when she got them."

"Yeah well, add this to the long list of reasons why I hate your parents. So, are we agreeing on letting her keep them for now?"

"Yeah. I don't want to break her heart. You know I hate it when she cries"

"Alright, then I suggest we give her a certain amount of screen time per week. She already watches too much TV. I don't want her to become a slave to technology like the rest of the world just yet."

"Okay, that sounds great to me. I'll break the news to her tomorrow though. I don't want to ruin the rest of her Christmas. Speaking of, how's your day going so far? Were you able to get your favorite takeout?"

"Actually, I'm with Victoria at her mom's place. She convinced me to abandon my usual ritual for solo holidays."

"Wow. You're already spending holidays together? Haven't you guys only been seeing each other for a week?"

"Grace, your jealousy is showing." I warn her lightly.

"I'm sorry." She sighs. "I just think you guys are moving kind of fast."

"I didn't ask for your opinion on my relationship."

She's silent for a moment and I start to wonder if she got mad and hung up. "I'm sorry." She finally says. "I know I'm supposed to be nice and accepting. But can you blame me for being a little jealous? You're not exactly the type of guy a girl can get over right away."

"Well you'll have to try. Vicky and I are together now and that's not going to chance. The longer you have feelings for me the more you'll get hurt, and I don't want to hurt you Grace. You're my friend."