Book 2 ~ Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"You look really sad, you do know that Juji isn't really dead right," Asami stated.

"Of course I do, Juji gets resurrected later on, oops, spoiler alert," I said, with no emotion in my voice.

"I just wish Mako were here to see it, not just him but Lei and Korra. Mako and Lei certainly can't come cuz they're in jail and Korra left," I rambled.

"Team Avatar is falling apart," I added, Asami nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I know how you feel. I miss the days when we were still a team," Asami said truthfully.

"Why don't you come back inside?" Asami suggested, as she stood up straight.

"No thanks, I think I'll stay out here for a while. You can go ahead," I said softly, Asami smiled before walking away.

I peered my attention back unto the bay. I was looking around when I saw something that caught my eye in the water. I saw a small boat floating next to a pillar and a window opened on the second floor.

"That's weird," I commented.

I suddenly remembered what Mako said that something might happen tonight. So, I headed back inside to check for anything suspicious. I entered a hallway, and started looking around. I was making my way down the hallway when I slipped on something, that nearly cause me to fall, but I regained my balance. I look down to see a half eaten jelly pastry. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. Suddenly, I heard loud banging inside one of the lockers. I walked in front of it and unlocked it, to see the two detectives from the Police Station cramped inside the locker.

"They're after the President!" Lu shouted, I widened my eyes.

As soon as I heard what he said, I ran fast towards the private booth to where President Raiko and his wife were. I earth bended the door, causing it to fall flat. I enter the room and see four waterbender-looking men holding the President and his wife, who were tied up. One of the waterbenders threw a spiral water lash at me, but I easily dodged it. I sent a large boulder, that hit him out of the booth and into water down below. I made the ground below them shake and crack, causing them to fall onto the ground, including the President and his wife. I got three boulders and sent it to the three remaining men, which caused them to be knocked off onto the Pro-Bending Arena platform. I went over to the President and his wife, and untied them.

"Stay here, Mr. President," I said, before jumping down onto the platform.

I ripped my sleeves off and cracked my neck on both sides, as I prepared myself for a battle. One of them sent a water spike at me but I easily dodged it. The crowd gasped as they saw what was happening here down at the platform. It was a three versus one battle. All three started attacking me constantly at the same, but I managed to earth bend three discs and knock out one of the water benders. The two started spraying me non-stop but I slammed my fist into the ground causing two piles of earth disks to stand in front of me as a shield. After a few moments, I sent a couple of earth disks at my attackers, knocking one of them down. It was now a one on one battle, and he started sending the water lash at me again, but I knocked him out into the water before he could get me. I exhaled heavily.

After the whole attack, Varrick was arrested, along with his assistant, Ju Lee. People suddenly started crowding me and taking pictures of me. I smiled and waved at everyone.

"Bolin!" Ginger exclaimed.

She came up to me and kissed me right in front of all the reporters. Everything was happening so fast, I couldn't process it well in my brain.

"I thought you said we weren't a couple," I said to Ginger.

"Oh, Bolin, you're as hard headed as those rocks you bend! Of course we're a couple!" Ginger said, before kissing me again.

Someone tapped my shoulder from behind and I pulled away to see Asami looking at me.

"I can't believe Mako and Lei were right this whole time. We have to get them," Asami said.

I smiled and nodded before being kissed again by Ginger. After a few moments, I heard distinct coughing and pulled away to turn back to Asami, who was crossing her arms.

"Oh you meant now?" I said stupidly, as she rolled her eyes and dragged me away.

Suddenly, Oogi flew from the distance and landed in front of the Arena. I was surprised when I saw Korra drop down from Oogi. Korra ran up to the President, with Tenzin, Bumi, Kya right behind her. Asami and I exchanged looks of worry. We approached listening to the conversation they were having.

"Mr. President, I know I asked you for help before but this is different now. Unalaq is not only taking over the South but the whole world now," Korra said hurriedly.

"We need your help to fight against him, he's using the spirits as weapons and we need put a stop to this," Korra added.

President Raiko was listening to Korra's every word but he looked like he was thinking.

"I'm sorry, Avatar Korra, but my troops will remain here in Republic City," Raiko said sternly.

"People's lives are at stake! Including my own daughter!" Tenzin retorted.

"I know people's lives are at stake and that is why I need them here to protect my people if there is a war coming. That is my final decision," Raiko said, before walking away.

"I never should have saved that guy," I muttered.

"If you guys need any help, I'd be glad to help," Asami said to Korra.

"Me too!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks guys, it means a lot," Korra said softly.

Korra looked around for a few moments with a confused look on her face.

"Where is Mako and Lei?" Korra asked, I raised my eyebrows.

Asami and I exchanged uneasy looks once more.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: August 21, 2019