Book 3 ~ Chapter 10

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs POV

It was another day, Korra told Lei that she contacted Tenzin yesterday, while she was talking to Kun. Korra was sending Opal to the Northern temple today, so Su organized a farewell party for her. Mako and Lei continued to keep their relationship a secret from everyone else. When nobody looked, they would sneak away from the group and end up talking for hours. They were walking around the estate, keeping a safe distance from each other just in case anyone saw them.

"I hate that we're leaving tomorrow," Lei said truthfully, Mako raised his eyebrow.

"Why? I thought you always hated staying in one place," Mako chuckled, Lei smiled as she thought about the fire nation, how she always wanted to explore instead of staying in the palace all day.

"Yeah, but I meant I'm gonna miss vacation and breaks from all the drama," Lei sighed, Mako's eyes lit up as he thought of an idea.

"Don't worry, when everything with the airbenders and that Zaheer guy are taken care of, I promise to take you anywhere you want to go," Mako said, as he took her hand. Lei smiled cheekily at him and let his hand go.

"We're trying to keep it a secret remember," Lei said, as they kept walking.

"Keep what a secret?" a voice said from behind them. They turned around and saw Asami approaching them. Mako had immediately wondered if she had seen him hold Lei's hand.

"Um, we wanted to keep Korra's birthday suprise a secret," Mako said quickly, Asami narrowed her eyes.

"But her birthday is months from now," Asami said, Lei looked at Mako, who seemed just as frozen as she was.

"Yeah, we know, but we wanted to plan ahead, you know," Mako added, as he rubbed the back of his head, unsure of what else to say.

"Why don't we go to the meteor garden? I heard Bolin and Korra were training there," Lei smiled awkwardly, quickly changing the topic.

"Oh, yeah, that's where I was heading," Asami said, Lei sighed in relief.

"Perfect! Let's go," Mako said awkwardly, as he gestured the way to Asami, who narrowed her eyes at them as she walked ahead of them. Once she was far enough, Lei smacked him in the arm for coming up with a weak excuse.

Asami, Mako, and Lei made their way to the meteorite garden, where they found Bolin and Korra training with Wei and Wing. They each had a partner, Bolin with Wei, while Korra was with Wing. Bolin was holding a meteorite trying to spar against Wei. He tried his hardest, but he couldn't bend it. Suddenly, Wei smacked him with a metal platform.

"Trial by fire, easiest way to learn metal bending," Wei said confidently, as he bended a meteorite in front of him and threw it at Bolin. They were walking towards the pair, as they saw Bolin scrape the ground with his foot, causing a small rock to form. Just as Wei bended the meteorite, Bolin threw that tiny piece of rock right in the middle of his forehead, causing Wei to drop the meteorite and rub his forehead in pain.

"Nice shot, Bolin. But I thought you were supposed to be practicing metal bending, not earth bending," Mako pointed out, Wei looked at Bolin with an annoyed look.

"Yeah, cheater," Wei mumbled, as he crossed his arms.

"Mako, metal bending is extremely difficult, no one gets it right away, if they can get it at all," Bolin said impatiently, just as Korra perfectly bended the metal wire around her waist and threw Wing off his feet, causing him to stumble to the ground.

Korra jumped in joy as she exclaimed, "Woohoo! Metal bending champion!"

"Oh, sure, cause she's the Avatar," Bolin said dissapointedly, Lei rolled her eyes.