Book 2 ~ Chapter 9

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
MAKOs POV

Asami took us right in front of her warehouse. We got off the boat and went inside. Asami turned on the warehouse lights revealing a huge empty room. All the mechatanks were gone.

"Whoever paid the triple threats must've taken all the mechatanks," I said.

"I'll go around the building for a quick perimeter check," Lei said, as she ran out the warehouse.

I looked at Asami, who looked completely depressed at the sight.

"I'm ruined, my company is over," Asami muttered.

"We should check all your warehouses, they probably didn't have time to get them all," I said, as I looked around the empty room.

"You don't understand, everything I had was in here," Asami said softly.

"We need to look around for evidence, find a lead," I said, as I rubbed my chin.

"Mako, it's pointless," Asami said, as she looked down.

"I can figure this out," I said, as I turned to her.

"Just stop, its over. I give up," Asami said, as she closed her eyes.

"Well, I'm not giving up on you," I said truthfully.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. Suddenly, she quickly leaned in and kissed me. I widened my eyes and stood still at what was happening. After a few moments, I heard someone cough awkwardly, and Asami pulled away.

"I'm sorry, Am I interrupting something?" Lei asked awkwardly, as she stood behind us.

"N-no," I stuttered.

Lei raised an eyebrow at me, and I raised both of mine, telling her that I'll tell her what happened later. She rolled her eyes in response.

"Look, we're gonna find out who did this, and I know just who to ask," I said, as I turned to Asami. Asami nodded in response.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Mako took me to an abandoned alley, and told me to wait for a few minutes. I leaned against the wall, waiting impatiently for Mako to come back. Suddenly, Mako came back with a very familiar face, as he dragged him with his collar. I stood up as I saw the sight. Mako pushed his face against the wall, while he had a fire dagger right to his throat.

"Who payed you to distract us?" Mako asked Ping.

"I don't know! I never saw his face!" Ping replied.

"You better tell us, or I'm gonna make you no-toed Ping!" Mako threatened. I was slightly impressed by Mako right now.

"I swear! I don't know! One day, this bloke came in and talked to the boss, but I haven't seen him since! Cmon, Mako, I would never lie to you with my lucky toes on the line!" Ping pleaded.

Mako still had his face up against the wall. I stood behind him wondering what he was going to do next. Mako suddenly let go of Ping. 

"Get out of here," Mako said, then Ping ran away from the scene.

"Well, whats plan B?" I asked, as I looked at him.

"Varrick was the other person who knew about this operation, we should ask him some questions," Mako said.

Mako and I headed towards Varrick's studio, where they were filming Bolin. I haven't seen Bolin for a while, since I was so busy with the investigation. When we entered the studio, it was set up with cameras, lights, props, and some actors getting their make up done. In front of the set, was Bolin sitting on a chair with a ridiculous costume and eating popcorn.