Chapter 24- Surprise Communication

Master Guardian ordered me to spar with a new partner after that. Su'jee challenged me more than I wanted to admit. After our first match, when she had easily submitted me, a thought entered my mind; Krit'ts might have been allowing me to win. For some reason, the thought made me smile. It was utter nonsense since Master Guardian was plotting my demise. But still, it was a welcome distraction.

It was during that second sparring match with Su'jee that I was interrupted by a beep from my comm. My body monitoring chip still hadn't been replaced so I knew it must have been a message. To my utter surprise, it was from the secret comm sheet. The excitement building in my chest was too much. Was this Tesser trying to get through to me? Or was it a trap?

"Let's take a break Su'jee," She had gotten a beep on her wrist as well.

"Yes, Ta'law," she saluted me and left the room reading her wrist. Her salutes were ridiculous, but it was useless to argue against them.

The message read, 'follow the signal' then there was another beep. It was directions. Following the signal was my only option, but I had to get away from my guards first. My restroom excuse wasn't working anymore, Rotowey had literally stood outside the bathroom stall the last time.

I decided to try something else. I pinched the skin on my underarm as hard as I could.

"AHHHH!" I screamed.

"What is it?" Su'jee and Rotowey came running into the room.

"My burla hit me with his tail on accident, uhhh I feel woozy," I was doing my best dramatic impression. Tomma was laying on my bed, looking completely unaffected by all the commotion.

"She should go to medical! Rotowey go alert Krit'ts," Su'jee said, already in action mode. Rotowey, on the other hand, didn't look very good. He ran from the room looking pale. It would make sense that one of the largest most intense men on our planet had a weak stomach.

"Su'jee, why did you send him to Krit'ts?" I had asked right after he left.

"I don't know, because you guys are...a thing?" she answered without looking at me.

"No," I answered flatly. Both her hands shot up in helplessness.

"Ok, sorry! But we should follow those directions before he gets back," she said pointing to the green arrow that had appeared on the ground.

"Did you get directions too?"

"No, but we can just use yours, who are they from?"

"No idea," we were already out the room and down the hall, almost to our destination. Only one person could hack a calcumat like that. We arrived at the trajectory classroom. My calcumat automatically started working, 'scanning for listening devices.' It beeped that the room was clear, and everything was quiet for just a second. That's when a new message appeared that made my heart skip a beat.

'incoming voice comm-Arwago'